What are you currently reading?

Avahra

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8th reread? Are you insane? The guy is a good author but damn

My insanity has nothing to do with it. I first read A Game of Thrones back in 1996 when it released, before it was cool to say you had read it. The same is true with The Hunger Games series. I know this makes me sound all hipster and maybe I am when it comes to this series. Now you can't go anywhere without seeing Game of Thrones or The Hunger Games stuff or having someone ask if you've read these 'Great new books..." That said, with the first book being out 16 years now, I don't see reading it 8 times all that excessive. Sure maybe reading A Dance With Dragons that many times is, but THAT does have to do with my insanity. :)

I've wanted to read the girl with the dragon tattoo, but haven't yet.

do it do it do it do it

Love that series. Trust me when I say if you even remotely like the first, pick up The Girl Who Played with Fire, it's a ton better than the first, and the third is pretty great as well.

I've read more, from Chapter 10 to Chapter 21 in one sitting. It becomes amazingly interesting and I think I'm gonna finish it by today. Definitely worth the read and such an amazing book. Have the 2 remaining books lined up, ready for me to indulge in more sessions after I finish this one. : D

• 4 weeks later...

41mwaman0olss500.jpg

The Metamorphosis and Other Stories by Franz Kafka.

A collection of a few of the works of Kafka, who mainly wrote short stories. I've read Message From the Emperor, The Metamorphosis, The Judgment, and The Stoker: A Fragment so far, and am currently reading In the Penal Colony.

The Metamorphosis was an interesting read, being his most popular. About a traveling salesman who awakens one morning to find himself transformed into a monstrous vermin, or strange insect of some sort. It mainly deals with his thoughts on the situation and how it affects his family. Pretty neat.

Also, it's kind of nice to breeze through the 8 to 50 page short stories after completing the 2300 pages of Journey to the West lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Over the last couple weeks I read through White Noise by Don Delillo. It was alright, but not my usual style. An interesting read overall, had its own strange writing style.

After that I was finally done with all of my physical books and able to start using my Kindle. I started with J. D. Salinger's short story The Laughing Man, and am now reading his Catcher in the Rye. The main draw for me reading them, aside from them being classics, being the references to them in the awesome anime Ghost in the Shell. After that I plan to try reading H. P. Lovecraft's works.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally been reading the works of H.P. Lovecraft for a week or two now and am really enjoying them. I got a kindle formatted collection of pretty much all of his stories. All of them so far have been short stories, but they're really interesting and have a good, fanciful writing style. The more famous works like Shadow Over Innsmouth and The Call of Cthulhu come much later on, but I've nearly read the first ten stories.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived