Where is Dawnguard for PC

Skylark95

It’s been a month since Dawnguard arrived on the Xbox 360, which means the typical length of your average Microsoft exclusivity deal has expired, but there’s still no news of any further release dates. So … when can we expect Dawnguard on PC?

“We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news,” says Bethesda maketing VP Pete Hines in a tweet spotted by IGN. “If we have news, I promise I’d tell you.” Oh.

Dawnguard is surely coming to PC, though, right? “I was simply stating that expecting/demanding something today is unfounded. Not that news is never coming,” said Hines coyly in a follow-up tweet. “Sometimes it’s better to say nothing until you can provide solid info than say something before you can,” he adds.

Bethesda have been very quiet about the PC and PS3 versions of Dawnguard, but it’s hard to imagine them keeping it back for Xbox 360 players when Skyrim is doing so well on PC. It’s barely dropped out of the Steam top-ten most played games list since it launched in November last year. Hines’ comments suggest that we’ll have to wait longer than expected for more Dawnguard PC info, which is sad.

We couldn’t stop ourselves from getting a peek at Skyrim’s first expansion, we picked out ten reasons to be excited about Dawnguard’s eventual arrival on PC. Take a closer look in the Dawnguard trailer from E3.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/27/bethesda-on-dawnguard-pc-we-have-not-announced-dawnguard-for-any-other-platform/

And this is why exclusives just suck. I love Bethesda, but the way been handling this is just awful... They seem to treat the PC market well with encouraging mods and such, but why the silence??

Archived