Steam Summer Sale 2012 Thread

Skylark95

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the same thing. I'd make a bunch of jewelery that'd boost Intelligence, then I'd drink Fortify Intelligence potions, and then I'd bust out my grandmaster gear to make crappy potions. Their effects would last more than two minutes, too. lol

I could make potions that had super long levitate and super fast feed. It's how I'd get across the land. Forget about using the travel systems. lol

Am I the only one that buys them and then never plays them? Or worse I buy games I already own just to have them on steam.

It's the "Maybe Someday" Syndrome. I do it too, but I still hold out an insane hope that I'll at least get around to them someday. I definitely buy games I already had on consoles on the cheap on Steam, but there are good enough reasons. Better graphics, controls, and possibly stereoscopic 3D if the game works well with it.

It's scary to think what between 50 and 100 games looks like on my new bookshelf, then thinking I have over 400 on Steam. lol

It's the "Maybe Someday" Syndrome. I do it too, but I still hold out an insane hope that I'll at least get around to them someday. I definitely buy games I already had on consoles on the cheap on Steam, but there are good enough reasons. Better graphics, controls, and possibly stereoscopic 3D if the game works well with it.

It's scary to think what between 50 and 100 games looks like on my new bookshelf, then thinking I have over 400 on Steam. lol

mInUw.jpg

Broke down and bought more... A couple dlc for civ v... because they were so cheap, galactic civilizations 2... because between that and the next game I bought you can create hundreds of ship types that will make visualizing what.i write easier, and universe sandbox.. Because u can create galaxies which once again makes it easier to see what i'm writing about... lets face it, I cant draw for ####.

This is thankfully the last day of new sales. Nothing good I don't already own, I think I'll just grab Lost Planet 2 and both episodes of Sonic 4 and call it good. The sale will still be on tomorrow, but the deals should all be "best of" deals.

The only other game I would have gotten in the sale is Max Payne 3, but 30 was too much for one game when I still have half a payment to make on furniture. It'll surely go on sale again though. And I'm surprised and disappointed that Kingdoms of Amalur had zero price change whatsoever. Not even a permanent drop, it's still $60.

I think I saw a coupon for best buy that had it 30 off. Xbox version I think.

Yeah, but of all game types, RPGs I have to play on PC if there's a version on it, so much better. Let alone the fact that I only really get console exclusives for consoles anymore. *PC elitist snob*

@Sed I was gone camping for a couple days of a summer sale once. I was like a crack addict and asked my brother if I could use his iPhone with 3G internet to see the deals. Still ended up buying Two Worlds II for seventeen bucks. lol

Archived