Drawing with a Nintendo 3DS - Some of my scribblings

ThermoNukePanda

So I used to draw a bunch on my DSi when I had it a while back. I think I posted some pictures too back then of some of the digital scribbles I've done with it. The 3DS has an even better program called "Colors 3D", and it lets you use 5 different "layers" to add depth to the picture through the use of the 3D slider thingy on the handheld. And yes, you'll probably be able to discern that I like anime and draw a lot of cartoon crap.

Blah blah blah, here's some of the crap I've done in the past couple months. Do you like to draw? I'd love to check out your stuff too!

Vegeta from Dragonball Z

hl6tX.jpg

Some little girl from Full Metal Alchemist

V2qDt.jpg

Kratos from God of War

sfysc.jpg

Deidara from Naruto: Shippuden

NJOUA.jpg

Voltron!

u4ltu.jpg

An early attempt at Rock Lee from Naruto: Shippuden

XrhMr.jpg

Altair from Assassin's Creed

EZybJ.jpg

I got bored last night too so I decided to try to draw my character from The Secret World since I've been playing in the Beta. I'll show you three pictures I took as I started with wireframe draw first, then a little detail/color and then final shading. (I also scaled down the image size so it doesn't blow up like crazy on the screen like the other huge ones)

oWsWp.jpg

u0SLg.jpg

olhDW.jpg

Dude wtf! These are awesome! You've been holding out on us!

I don't think they're all that fantastic! We're always our own worst critics though. I do like the Kratos one I did however (it's my favorite). I wish I could blow it up somehow and put it on canvas or something.

How can you export the pictures out of Colors3D and onto PC? I haven't found a way yet. :(

Jeezuz christ man, was the little sad face really necessary? Just the question would suffice.

You have to go to the gallery and set up your account, (or do it on a computer on the colorslive.com website) then sign in on your 3ds and upload from there. Then you'll have full access to those files on your computer. All you can do on the 3ds is export a .jpg and .mpo file (3d file).

Jeezuz christ man, was the little sad face really necessary? Just the question would suffice.

You have to go to the gallery and set up your account, (or do it on a computer on the colorslive.com website) then sign in on your 3ds and upload from there. Then you'll have full access to those files on your computer. All you can do on the 3ds is export a .jpg and .mpo file (3d file).

Yes, the sad face was necessary to emphasize my idiocy with these things.

Thank you for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet you're a jerk to play with in draw something

How so? lol

In Draw Something I don't have time to sit there and make everything how I want. Not only that but I have to draw with my fingers and can't use a stylus like I can on the DS, sooooo it's usually a lot of stick figures haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived