The Kane Chronicles

Avahra

The-Serpent-Shadow-559x247.jpg

This is another young adult series by Rick Riordan that makes me wet my pants. I'm not sure how many of us read young adult books, but I love them,

It has 3 books in total: The Throne Of Fire, The Red Pyramid and The Serpent's Shadow.

The books follow the adventures of Sadie and Carter Kane as they learn they are Egyptian magicians and well, they have to save the world..no pressure.

If you enjoy YA books, they're def worth reading. I find Riordan to be an incredible author, and dare on the same level, if not better than Rowlings. He just doesn't have the same fame, which is unfortunate because his book are really good.

I would say they're about the same age as Harry Potter. No love triangles, there's of course some"oh i like him" to the story but it's not a huge factor in the entire thing.

Also, you said you'd never heard of them. PROVING my point that he is an incredible author without the recognition he deserves

I wouldn't say proving. I don't really follow books that aren't die hard fantasy / science fiction, and rarely pay attention to young adult. I read The Hunger Games because my wife asked me too, and it did turn out pretty good. I don't read as much as I should, but I believe it's because I get sucked in when I do. I hate waiting for the next book in a series. I'd rather wait for something to be completely finished and then read it all at once.

• 1 month later...

Archived