Apple may already have newer versions on the way

PeeKnuckle

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/03/ipad-os-digging-reveals-hints-of-future-iphone-ipod-touch-ipad/

If we're seeing this right, we're looking at not one, but two new mentions of future iPhones (iPhone 3,2 and iPhone 3,3), alongside a new iPod touch (iPod 4,1) and... a future iPad (iProd 4,1). 'Course, none of this gives us any indication of the all-important whos or whens, but at least this confirms that mythical creatures still exist in the hearts of those who believe.

Haha that was funny. The sad part is, that stuff is more likely to be true than it is false. Between Apple's multiple iterations of their products and Nintendo releasing two new DS models a year, I've actually avoided diving into either brand for fear that in a few weeks the one I purchase will be obsolete.

I heard that new iPhones (and likely iTouchs) were going to be coming out in the summer. I've decide to finally get an iPhone .. I have an iPod and an iPod touch but the thing that is selling me on finally getting an iPhone is the google maps feature and GPS .. I have horrible direction sense and usually spend a good 15-20 minutes figuring out where I am after getting out of the sub way in Manhattan .. so having an iPhone would help me out a lot .. plus I don't care about making phone calls and I already have AT&T as a service provider

Haha that was funny. The sad part is, that stuff is more likely to be true than it is false. Between Apple's multiple iterations of their products and Nintendo releasing two new DS models a year, I've actually avoided diving into either brand for fear that in a few weeks the one I purchase will be obsolete.

I know right... I think it is ridiculous that companies do this. I just avoid the stuff altogether when I know that it is going to be replaced that fast.

I would love to get an iPod Touch or an iPhone, but I can't see myself investing in either one until they have a definitive model, or at least one that's close to being complete as far as the features go. Eventually I will get one, especially since the iPhone is going to be on Verizon as well.

I know right... I think it is ridiculous that companies do this. I just avoid the stuff altogether when I know that it is going to be replaced that fast.

Your going to be stuck avoiding everything then. How many versions of the 360 are out now .. 4 maybe 5? . . .. not to mention bundles. Look at car companies also .. there's what .. 3 versions the Prius in the past 5 years? Not to mention TV, computers, DVD/BluRay players .. basically **** near anything. I'm not a big fan of being an early adapter but in today's consumer economy your pretty much guaranteed that no matter what you buy is going to be out dated in a year whether it's a phone or a washing machine.

All these hints of newer versions just make me hold off getting one! I've been wanting an iPhone since it was launched but my current contract (of 12 months) goes up for renewal smack bang in the middle of the iPhone's yearly product cycle. Each year I end up saying "Oh, I'll wait till the next generation" and I never end up getting one! dry.gif

All these hints of newer versions just make me hold off getting one! I've been wanting an iPhone since it was launched but my current contract (of 12 months) goes up for renewal smack bang in the middle of the iPhone's yearly product cycle. Each year I end up saying "Oh, I'll wait till the next generation" and I never end up getting one! dry.gif

I used to work for Cingular/AT&T and We stopped by the store and I saw my buddy Mike, He also mentioned they are supposed to get the new iPhone hardware around June/July time frame but he did not have any specs on it.

so this guy wasted $500 for a day or two of internet fame? .. could have fed a lot of hungry kids with that ..

C'mon man, it's called marketing for the Blendtec blenders. I like this better than the jerk that bought one just to smash it outside the Apple store with a baseball bat. Mainly because, as PK said, EVERYTHING gets blended with these things man. You should honestly check out some of the other videos.

C'mon man, it's called marketing for the Blendtec blenders. I like this better than the jerk that bought one just to smash it outside the Apple store with a baseball bat. Mainly because, as PK said, EVERYTHING gets blended with these things man. You should honestly check out some of the other videos.

I know I know it's just a joke .. I hate all these people and viral videos that just go out and destroy new gadgets simple for a reaction .. hell give the thing to a hospital if you don't want it you ******* trust fund hippies.

I'm watching the Leo Laporte show right now. They're discussing the Adobe vs Apple flash issue and also... iAds. Leo says you'll be seeing iAds every three minutes on your iWhatever. They'll most likely first come on free apps, but could also show up on cheap apps you pay for. So far, there isn't a clear understanding. Will there be a choice? Pay for the app for 99 cents and get no ads, or download it for free, and get an ad every three minutes.

http://twit.tv/

Honestly say what you want about the iPad and Apple .. but this thing is a big deal. I've been watching some of the things that Leo Laporte is talking about it and the whole Apple vs. Flash thing .. can sort of be summed up like this. (and this came from Tam's Flash teacher at SVA not something I made up) .. "Flash is an incredibly unstable and buggy program and Adobe has shown no interest in fixing it. Their attitude is . .. "you have no other choice so what are you going to do?"" Well now with the success of the iPad Adobe is now going to be forced to re-visit the problems developers are having with Flash and have to do something else because soon consumers will have a choice.

But yea .. lack of multi tasking is lame .. wait for a system update or the second gen. .. and again with me and the Stephen Fry paraphrasing .. "You can not compherened this thing and how natural and ingenious it is until you hold it in your hands and spend a few hours with it. Right from the start you understand how the entire thing works."

The iPad will be many different things to many different people. Consider what you want from it. I would like to read my online Marvel comics (an app now but I'm it will be available soon), watch movies (yep can do that), listen to music .. maybe (I still like my iPod), GPS (I'm sure it can by now), read a book or two (yep got that), and maybe do some sketching (can sort of do that). So I could get a lot of use with one around the house.

Love or hate Apple but this thing will change the way people consume media.

Archived