Hitler finds out about Mass Effect 3's Ending

PeeKnuckle

Hitler hit the nail on the head, exactly right. And lol at the ladies outside the room saying "It's ok, we'll make up our own ending."

I found a cool video in the related videos:

Basically if they did that (cut out all the stupid ghost boy and random Normandy crashing on a jungle planet bullsh*t) and added an epilogue with some closure, I think it would have been much better.

I have found its pointless to argue my stand on liking the game and ending. It's one of those things that people felt strongly one way or the other and nothing is going to change that. However Gabe's article on Penny Arcade sums up how I felt about it pretty well.

Especially this part:

... I think what Bioware does is make incredible games that give the illusion of real choice. I mean let’s be honest. Mass Effect is a very cool choose your own adventure book. “Do you kill the Geth? If so turn to page 22.”

The book has been written and you can change the way you read it but don’t pretend you’re the author.

Full article:

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/03/14/mass-effect-3-ending-spoiler-warning

You don't have to demand that they change the ending to have an opinion on how bad you thought it was. All opinions on how bad it is aren't invalid because it's against artistic integrity for the creators to change it. I think it was a bad ending no matter how you put it. A poor deus ex machina with three samish ending cutscenes in a series that has always been about impactful choices and cinematic production value. A big part of why it's so bad is the very poor presentation of it, and of course the lack of proper closure.

And Bioware happens to be a company that listens and reacts to fan input, and their is no doubt that Mass Effect 3 will have DLC. So one can only hope that there is some expansion, reiteration, or explanation to the endings in DLC form.

Supposedly their was a pretty cool sounding original ending, something about dark energy spreading and the reapers coming to stop it, giving them an actual purpose and tying the ending into the actual lore of the universe. But it appears the original writer, Drew Karpyshyn, left the team midway through development, which could have contributed to what we got.

http://www.oxm.co.uk...before-release/

No matter how who puts it? I'm pretty down the middle on the ending of ME3. I wasn't invested into the series at all.

After what I heard about the relays being like super novas when destroyed, I cried foul of the ME3 ending*. I guess I'd even call out those on the Normandy for ditching Shep. However, I think it was all

a dream. For me, it'd be the only explanation for a lot of it.

* I later went and read about the relays (and how they were destroyed in the game) and have since changed my mind, if that's how Bioware interpreted it.

No matter how who puts it? I'm pretty down the middle on the ending of ME3. I wasn't invested into the series at all.

After what I heard about the relays being like super novas when destroyed, I cried foul of the ME3 ending*. I guess I'd even call out those on the Normandy for ditching Shep. However, I think it was all

a dream. For me, it'd be the only explanation for a lot of it.

* I later went and read about the relays (and how they were destroyed in the game) and have since changed my mind, if that's how Bioware interpreted it.

No real need for spoiler tags in a thread clearly about the ending already, but I'll use em.

What I mean is if the endings are taken at face value. Three colorized versions of the same cutscene, with that nonsensical bit with the Normandy? I really do hope the indoctrination theories are true (that it's a dream while the reapers/Harbinger attempt to basically possess Shepard), and the first DLC expands on this and makes a 'true ending'. It's the only way I'll accept the nonsense of an ending the way it is (basically if it's nullified).

It would also suck that'd you need to purchase their real ending, too.

If Bioware has any damn sense at all (and I'm starting to doubt it), then if and when the DLC does get made, it should be free. Even if Bioware wants it to be free, EA will still probably make them charge for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived