Mass Effect 3 Giveaway Contest - Xbox 360

vectordream

Mass Effect 3 Contest

Please read my entire post! It is time for me to give a little back to the Gamercide Community! I wanted to do so before but things have been tough financially. It's looking up so I hope to have more contests in the future. I won some contests on here before and really appreciated the prizes. I want to give away, to someone on here, my opened(not factory sealed) extra copy of Mass Effect 3 Standard Edition for Xbox 360 still in pristine mint condition at no cost. Please note: does not include online pass (read "Online Pass" below for details of why, a damn shame!).

Contest Duration:

Starting Friday, March 9th as of this posting and ending on Sunday night, March 11th at midnight PST. You will have all weekend to enter.

How to win:

Alright the fun part! Don't want to make this overly complicated. Reply on this thread with what your favorite Mass Effect character is from either ME1 or ME2 and why you like them and include a picture of them in your posting. If the character is more obscure and you can't find a pic that is ok just note that you couldn't find one.

The answer can be simple as one sentence or a few words to secure your entry but if you want feel free to add more. Adding more will not change your chances of winning the game but could land you the bonus prize(see below). Feel free to pick any NPC, main character, sub character, or whatever. There is a chance one person could win both, by randomly winning the game and having the best post.

I isolated this to the first two games only to avoid any spoilers for anyone that has not played ME3 in its entirety like me. I am sure there are additional characters and things some of us don't know about yet so please keep it to the first two games only. Please don't discuss any plots or stories etc. from ME3. If anything from ME3 is spoiled for me or anyone else I will be pissed. I will also disqualify that entry. Everyone is cool around here so I don't foresee this happening.

I will take all the entries and to be fair randomly pick a winner from the pool using this http://textmechanic....ine-Picker.html

Bonus Prize:

Mass Effect 3 - From Ashes DLC (Xbox Version): which gives you a bonus mission and character. Value of $9.99

For this added bonus I will pick an entry that I feel is the most creative and fun or simply just my favorite for the bonus prize. I will not choose a winner for this based solely on if you picked my favorite character or not. Really looking for creative and/or fun entries for this.

I would like to add that if you already have the game and don't want to compete for it you can still make a posting to compete for this. Just specify if you would like to op-out of the main contest and go for bonus only.

Rules:

I really want to award this to an active member. So I will follow the guidelines that if you just signed up brand new to do the contest that you at least create a new user thread and have updated your avatar image. Only one entry per user. That seems fair enough and easy to do.

How to get your prize:

I will announce the winner in this thread and then PM them to get the necessary info for shipping. I will use USPS priority mail or equivalent and provide tracking info to the winner. I will mail this out on Monday, March 12th. For the bonus prize I will PM a code that will be good for that DLC.

Reason for the contest:

I ordered two copies of the game. One for me and one for my daughter so we can both play uninterrupted and not fight over one copy. Got both games on release day. The very next day I got word that Amazon had a gotten a small amount of extra Collectors Editions of the game. Being the Mass Effect Fan I am and kicking myself for not pre-ordering that in time to get one on release I jumped at the chance and actually was able to get one to my surprise leaving me with an extra copy of the game.

Online Pass:

This giveaway copy does not come with the online pass. Bioware/EA really screwed this up for me. I would of liked to include that with this. Basically, when we got the initial games we put in our online passes right then to get access to all that stuff. Was not planning to get the CE or another copy of the game so the codes were used.

When I got my collectors edition last night it came with its own online pass. So one would think I have an extra online pass right? Nope, the collectors edition bonus content is directly attached to the online pass code. The only way to get all the extra goodies, soundtrack and DLC that comes with the CE was to enter the code. I hate this online pass code business. So the bad news here is that the winner of this contest will have to pay for an Online Pass only if you want access to the multiplayer part of the game. I think they run $9.99 on live.

Good luck!

Kasumi was my favourite character from either game. She was the one I most looked forward to visiting after every mission. She always had something interesting to say in her cabin, and she had all these items lying around and every time you looked at them she would tell a little story. That's not the real reason she was my favourite though, lol...she had the most bad *** move in the whole game, where you could teleport her into battle to perform an execution, and it would take down almost any enemy. Yeah I'd have to say that she's my favourite.

Thanks for the contest man!

Zaeed hands down for me.

ocxq6.jpg

His cut scenes were minimal but there was actually quite a lot of dialogue to be heard from him while playing. He wouldn't ever stop you to talk but he would give his opinion on quite a lot of things. I liked him just because he was a total hard ***, I liked his look, his messed up eye, his scared up face his pissed off atitude.

My second favorite would have to be Thane, dudes voice was bad ***. And he was an assasin. Apparently he was a model as well.

Nh09u.jpg

Ok all well I guess that does it for the contest. Only two entries. I thought there would be a few more but it was a pretty short contest. Anyhow I will announce the winner.

Since there are only two contestants I first decided who would get the bonus prize before running the random drawing. I figured it better that way so I would not be swayed one way or another. Both posts were cool but here goes.

Bonus Prize: I picked GG for it. Hilarious post especially the Thane part lol. Zaeed was not one of my favs but you gave a good reason for liking him. I will PM that code to you.

Now for the Game. Since there were only two contestants I did the randomizer like a best of 7 playoff game lol. So after doing the randomizer 7 different times the winner is....

GG! It was pretty interesting. It was a 3 to 3 tie and the last random hit GG so I guess you get both prizes!

Sorry you did not win anything this time eminutia. Your post was cool and I love Kasumi as well. I will try to hold more contests in the future. Thanks for entering.

Thanks for doing this contest vector! I already have both, so I didnt enter. My fav character is tuff to chose. Mordin had that great showtune, I liked how zhaed would tell you all these stories of things in his quarters... But id have to go with wrex as my fave... Just love his ruthlessness and sarcasm.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived