anyone here getting an iPad?

Super Kev

I was an iPad hater for awhile but now I sort of want one. Not to feed into the Apple hype or to look like a trendy D-bag on the train .. but after reading most of Stephen Fry's review and seeing that Marvel Comics demo I think I could get a lot of use out of this thing. I already subscribe to Marvel's Digital comic library, and I think I heard that Hulu will be available on this thing eventually .. so yeah .. I'll likely invest in either the 2nd or 3rd gen of this thing.

Any one else?

I'd really love to get one. Some of the apps look incredible and I'm a massive sucker for Apple stuff but I have already have a Mac and iTouch so there's no way I could justify the price at the moment :(

Yeah, I wasn't too up on the iPad initially, but a lot of the apps I've seen are amazingly well done. So now I have devised a plan that will let me keep the $200+ worth of iPhone apps that I have, to use on the iPad. But I will wait until the Windows Phone 7 handsets drop later this year to replace the iPhone.

Oh and here's a vid of the Marvel Comics app that Kev mentioned, truly amazing:

I would rather get a new iPhone than get an iPad, but that's because I never had an iPhone lol. I would like to think that the iPad would be awesome, but it still seems like a larger iPhone minus a few features... Time will tell if it'll be good or not, but I'm sure that the next iteration of the iPad will probably add more stuff, just like any other Apple product that's been released.

Just lost a huge interest in this thing because of this review about the Marvel Comics App.

Good: easy reader, great graphics

Bad: no access to my digital comics from the Marvel.com website, limited choices in comics

hmmm .. I'm sure there will be some kind of update that will allow access to the online digital comics but until that comes around I'm gonna hold off on this thing. I'll consider 2nd and 3rd gen models.

Archived