HUGE Gameworlds. A picture comparison!

They did have a fast travel, although some bad crap could happen while travelling. LoL

Also, the main storyline could get incredibly buggy making the game very hard to complete.

But by God, you could do so much in that game is was crazy. I used to go on killing rampages in towns and just destroy people. (Note: Don't try this early in the game. The town guards will utterly beat the crap out of you!)

PS. This game is now free to download from Bethesda. If you have the patience (and ability to deal with 1990's graphics) check it out!

how big is the file?

148 MB. Not big at all.

http://www.elderscro...loads_games.htm

Also you will need to download DOSBox to run the game (DOS emulator which can be downloaded at the link above)

Good luck and have fun!

Apparently there are some Mods too out there to enhance the graphics and fix things.

http://en.wikipedia....olls_II#Modding

Daggerfall has genre-typical gore elements and some sexual topics. It displays cartoonish nudity (showing breasts but no genitals) both on NPCs and on the character's paper doll when all equipment is removed. The game installer includes a password-protected childgard feature that hides blood and corpses (instead showing just the skeleton of the corpse), disables sexual topics (though not removing all nudity), and ensures the character portrait is wearing underwear at all times.

hahaahaha!

Yes, Arena is the first (although kind of linear, Daggerfall was the beginning of the "do-anything-you-want" bits of Elder Scrolls).

Arena is also available for free on the bethesda site I linked to (also need DOS emulator)

That's why I mentioned it, yeah I'll try Arena first. By the way, have you seen my new avatar and gamerpic? LOL Anime superhero ftw!

Farcay 2 seemed huge because of the amount of traveling by foot you had to do to avoid the multitude of checkpoints <_< You had the choice of driving through the checkpoint which was fast but resulted in a gun battle and chase (depletes your ammo and health supply so you have to divert to a safe house) or walking everywhere

No real recommendations for Arena, although if you want to use the best stuff (Ebony I think in that game) you'll want to be a warrior. Arena is more of a linear game too, no real "do anything you want" like the following games.

Daggerfall? Good luck. It's huge and buggy. LoL

Archived