The Amazing Spider-Man

green grenades

<object width="720" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/42819"></param><param'>http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/42819"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/42819" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="349"></embed></object>

One word: dumb.

Seriously, the first Spiderman movie came out a decade ago. Do they really need to already start the series up again? Comic book movies have become so pathetic that they're already resorting to rebooting existing franchises that shouldn't be touched. Christopher Nolan rebooting Batman was necessary because the two films prior to him taking over were absolutely dreadful. Spiderman 1-2 were great movies and 3 blew, so we need to re-do it all? So stupid! I definitely won't see it.

One word: dumb.

Seriously, the first Spiderman movie came out a decade ago. Do they really need to already start the series up again? Comic book movies have become so pathetic that they're already resorting to rebooting existing franchises that shouldn't be touched. Christopher Nolan rebooting Batman was necessary because the two films prior to him taking over were absolutely dreadful. Spiderman 1-2 were great movies and 3 blew, so we need to re-do it all? So stupid! I definitely won't see it.

I agree! Thankfully I never saw the last two batman movies before Nolan took over. I heard they were pretty bad. The spider-man series was already ok, I don't know if they're trying to pull off a Nolan here but I doubt it will work.

It's too soon to reboot I think. The thing is that the first Batman never really explained how he became Batman (it only showed his childhood tragedy). We've already seen how PEter PArker became Spiderman. Doing it again is just redundant. I think it's a copout by the film industry and they're betting that this will be a high grossing film because it's doing the exact same thing. I hope people aren't stupid enough to buy into it. I do think they're trying to give it a darker more realistic feel a-la Batman Begins but Spiderman is a completely different character that was never intended to be seen that way (at least from the get-go).

• 5 months later...

Knew about it for a while and not expecting anything that great. It looks like they're going to focus too much on the high school drama aspect of it. No way this movie can beat the first two Sam Raimi Spider-mans (excusing the third, which was ruined by the studio). The Raimi Spider-mans were "Amazing Spider-man". This looks more like "Angsty Teen Replacement Spider-man" lol.

At least the latest Spiderman movies had the same actor. More than the Hulk can say, and it's yet again a new actor for The Avengers.

To be fair, of the two movies the second was a reboot so the actor change is understandable. I thought Norton was good as Banner, but there will be a different actor in The Avengers then? I get the feeling a few will be different in The Avengers. Even the big studios might not be able to afford such a big ensemble cast at the same time as all the big effects they'll try to put in it.

Archived