Star Wars: The Old Republic

StealthyShadows

• 4 weeks later...

yes and no, its alot harder to balance two mmo's than i thought. Im just about to lvl 30 where most of my friends are in their mid to high 40's. I havent gotten to do alot of the flashpoints with my friends because im further behind and because of that it feels like more of a single player game. However the game its self is still alot of fun when i sit down to play it. Im determined to get to lvl 50 and see what the raiding is like

Well I've been level 50 for about a week now. I never really played WoW, but SWTOR is a hell of a lot of fun. Just started raiding though with a bunch of my guildmates and it's ******* brutal. We were working on Eternity Vault last night and made it to the last boss and it's crazy hard even with a lot of us geared up from PvP and stuff.

I think the worst part of it is the corpse runs. I hate dying and having to truck back through levels. lol

Ok, I take that back. The WORST part of it is the game is still new and there are a few bugs, especially with the bosses. It sucks to try to fight a hard boss and then have everything glitch or bug and you have to reset the damn thing. Bah. At least they're releasing a big 1.1 patch today to fix a bunch of things.

No, thankfully you don't lose any XP when you die. I haven't really noticed any drawbacks to death so far other than having to wait longer and longer to revive where you're dead if you don't want to respawn back at a medcenter (and you can't revive on the spot in Raids/flashpoints anyways so that doesn't matter).

Nope, that was supposedly real AFAIK.

Bioware has been banning people left and right for all sorts of stupid things. They even banned people who were going to a higher level planet before they technically are high enough level. Some higher levels were helping lower levels through mobs on the planet so they could get to some of the drops and chests/gathering points.

Bioware found out and banned the lower level peeps.

JzRzl.jpg

Also, dancing was a bannable offense too before they hot-fixed the problem.

HnKp7.jpg

Yeah, I'm never buying a game where I can't play it the way I want to, within reason. Imagine if Borderlands didn't allow co-op players who hadn't finished playthrough 2, onto someone else's playthrough 2. Ban? lol That's just silly.

Bioware should just introduce a Cheese Zone and let these people cheese away. They'd be labeled a Cheeser and they could have fun with the game they purchased, and Bioware could still get their monthly check from the user.

This is crazy. Exploits that would only be known by people doing them and then banning them for showing? Seems a little bit harsh. Do these people exploiting the game early on have any real effect on other players?

By the acquiring items not meant for your level ban, that would be saying power leveling is not allowed. Seems crazy to me.

Yeah, I'm never buying a game where I can't play it the way I want to, within reason. Imagine if Borderlands didn't allow co-op players who hadn't finished playthrough 2, onto someone else's playthrough 2. Ban? lol That's just silly. Bioware should just introduce a Cheese Zone and let these people cheese away. They'd be labeled a Cheeser and they could have fun with the game they purchased, and Bioware could still get their monthly check from the user.

omg no. this was a great game and one i wish i had the time for. do not put the curse of a "cheeze mode", lfr, or casual zone for people who cant play the game properly.

as for not being able to play a game the way you wanted to, well when the way you want to play (not so much you but the peopel exploiting the game) gives you a distinct advantage over everyone else it no longer becomes fair. For something like borderlands its just you and your friends ( i dont think there is a matchmaking like system for coop could be wrong), being able to power lvl some one and get them all the cool gear to play with you is fine. it doesnt effect anyone but the two of you playing it. When you introduce the similiar idea to an mmo where there are thousands upon thousands of people playing it changes entirely. It would be like unlocking some super badass weapon in a multiplayer game and then just giving it to all your friends so they could win. While in something like a coop mode its just to mess around with and have fun, once you hit the matchmaking with the same idea you have a bunch of people running around with a power weapon so that anyone without one has no chance. thats the best i can explain it right now

as for banning people for getting to a planet to early im nto sure. I went to planets early on my own and just started killing mobs because i wanted to get the hell off tattooine as soon as i could. But then again that was solo and i can see how having friends try to power lvl you through it all is cheating the game.

I mean the cheesers would only be able to PVP other cheesers. It wouldn't affect any legit players. Joining any server would fill you in if there is cheesers allowed or not. If it were up to me, there'd be only one server for cheesers. Let them goob out on each other, without bothering anyone else.

Archived