Anime

NightWing XII

Any other fans? What are your favorites and do You prefer english sub/dub?

Mine are: Naruto Shippuden, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, One Piece, Soul Eater and Bleach.

I usually watch the English dubs but I don't mind subs as on some shows the english dubs are pretty hard to listen to.

Also a great website to watch anime is http://www.animeratio.com/

Yeah I watch a lot of anime. I've seen and liked all of the shows you listed aside from One Piece (never seen), and Soul Eater was a bit odd but still enjoyable. As for Fullmetal Alchemist, the new version, Brotherhood, was really good.

You listed a lot of the good series I would have, but I also liked Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass, Azumangah Daioh, Eureka 7, Mushishi, Speed Grapher, Koukaku no Regios (Chrome-shelled Regios), Dragonball, Inuyasha, Baccano!, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners) and many others. There just aren't very many people on this forum to talk to anime about lol.

To me, almost all dubs are utterly atrocious, the voices are just so grating and corny. I always watch my anime in their original language and subtitled, usually downloaded from fansubbers.

I used to watch bleach but got fed up with the the filler and kinda gave up. I was way into gundam for a long time, and still kinda am(just recently watched Z gundam this year, and rewatched a bit of G gundam). As for what gundam stuff i've seen, G Gundam, MS Gundam: The 8th MS team, War in the Pocket, Z gundam, Char's Counterattack, Gundam Wing(about half the series at least), and Gundam Wing Endlass Waltz. My favorites have to be Z, 8th MS team, and G gundam. Kinda fell off with the newer stuff, hated SEED and AGE doesn't' look interesting to me.

Anyway, also seen Fullmetal Alchemist(which was great, and the movie was pretty good to), Evengelion(and I have the new movies but haven't watched them yet), and just this year past year I got into Ghost in the Shell(which I LOVE).

Then some i've seen some of/a bit but not all but want to finish some time would be Trinity Blood, Cowboy Bebop, The Big O, and Rurouni Kenshin.

Oh, and how can I forget Samuria Champloo, freaking awesome.

As for subs vs. dubs, I can personally care less as long as it isn't super bad, the only time I can recall it annoying me was in the FMA movie Al still having the same young voice even though he's older.

Akira will probably always be my favorite anime film, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell and Spirited Away were all very good too.

As far as television goes, when I was a kid I always dug Ronin Warriors, DB, DBZ, Aeon Flux (the show, not the awful movie) Record of Lodoss War and Sailor Moon. Sword of the Berserk in more recent years, other than that though, I've really only watched bits and pieces of Bleach. And I prefer English dubs, but I've watched plenty with subs and really don't mind as long as it's not to cryptic.

• 3 months later...

We need more anime discussion on these forums.

I very recently watched a pretty good show called Welcome to the NHK, NHK standing for Nihon Hikikomori Kyokai (Japan Social-Withdrawal Association; a supposed conspiracy to keep people reclusive). It was basically about an Otaku hiding out in his home, and a mysterious girl that tries to help him. It was funny at some points, depressing/dark at others, but turned out good overall.

Has anyone else ever heard of it?

http://en.wikipedia....e_to_the_N.H.K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've watched a few more series I'll post a bit about. Just Google 'em to find out what they're actually about lol.

Not actually an anime but a lot like one, Avatar the Last Airbender was surprisingly good for being on Nickelodeon. Funny and interesting, and a decent length too.

Claymore I watched. It was alright, but not the greatest. Just kinda about fighting monsters, and an annoying kid tagging along with one of said monster fighters. Some of the ideas behind the Claymores were kinda neat though, even if not enough was revealed (the manga probably goes further than the anime)

Shiki I really liked. A show (based on a book) about a small town slowly being overtaken by vampires, it was a good show.

And now I've started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. 7 episodes in and it's pretty weird but I like it.

Anyone else watch anything new?

EDIT: Apparently the episode order is questionable in Haruhi. But it seems the one I'm watching is in chronological order. Weird. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_episodes

All I've been watching is old. Patiently waiting the next release in the Evangelion rebuild.

Which ones? I don't care when an anime was made if it's good. In fact I generally prefer older shows simply because I don't have to wait for new episodes to be released, I can just watch the whole thing.

I liked the first rebuild, Evangelion 1.0, but I hear they started to change a lot in 2.0 (which I haven't watched yet). The only show (aside from the weekly ones) I'm kind of waiting for is the Hellsing Ultimate movies. The first anime sucked (cut short, story went off somewhere weird and noncanon) and these awesome new ones are taking so long that I read the damn manga, but now I want to just wait until they're all out and watch the series again (Ultimate, that is).

I finished watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya last night, then the movie, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. It was fantastic, I really liked it after watching the series. It kind of shows you that as weird and bizarre as things got, things wouldn't be nearly as interesting if everything were to "go back to normal". Weird show but definitely worth watching, especially after the movie. Best watched in full chronological order.

There was even a set of 8 nearly identical episodes where a time loop was happening, and each episode was mostly the same but varied slightly, and it was still interesting (with enough patience).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived