The Hunger Games

Elite Effect (Jon)

Anyone read this series of books? I'm incredibly late, but I just started on them. A lot of people I know kept telling me to pick these up, and I never got around to it. I saw the trailer for the movie adaptation and thought it was interesting, so I went and bought all 3. I'm a few chapters in the first one at the moment, but I absolutely love it.

• 4 weeks later...

I think a lot of people tend to write it off because it's Teen Fiction, and put it in the category of Twilight, at least that's what I've seen some people say. But it couldn't be further from the truth. I'm on the 3rd now, Mockingjay, and I still love it. I like the direction it's heading with

the Capitol, and the rebellion of the Districts of Panem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Reading the third one now. Had some serious misgivings, especially with the first one, due to her seeming plaggerism. The storyline seemed to be ripped straight from battleroyal, a japaneese movie, and the battle circle books by ... I think stephen r donaldson. I know most books share similar themes, but for her's to be supposedly so unique.... It was distasteful imo. The books are decently crafted, if not well written... But are good reads.

Archived