Massive Tech Update to Game Engine Released for Magicka

PeeKnuckle

Much-asked for Features Added, Devs Release Gameplay Trailer for Magicka: The Stars are Left

In anticipation of Magicka’s upcoming Lovecraft-inspired campaign, Magicka: The Stars are Left, the Great Old Ones today announced that the popular co-op action/adventure game has recieved a huge tech overhaul for the game engine itself and game balance improvements.

Any players who have purchased Magicka will receive, at no charge, this much-asked for update, which adds the ability to resume game progress from check points instead of starting over at the beginning of a chapter, incorporates the ability to revisit previously completed chapters, and, for the soloists, adds a fairy familiar that will revive players when they perish during campaign mode.

Full details for what is featured in the game engine update:

• Fairy familiar added, revives characters after death occurs in solo campaign

• Checkpoints now save progress even if game is quit

• Chapter select added to replay previously played chapters

• Several improvements to the server browser

• Physics and collision detection improved - less falling through the floor

• Frame rate stuttering - should be less noticeable for some users

• Extended particle system with particle lights

• Improved light performance

• Several minor bug fixes, game balance, and tweaks

The Great Old Ones also unveiled a gameplay trailer that was available before the existence of man. However, since the Great Old Ones only had dial-up internet access until just a few days ago (old habits die hard), they’re finally able to share it with all of mankind who have since started to exist; the trailer is sure to excite players who are Thurston for more Magicka action—bah-dum-ching!

Oh hell yeah, this update might actually get me to mess around a bit more in Magicka at some point, if only to get all the remaining spell tomes and a few achievements I haven't gotten (I only sometimes care about achievements if it's a game I really like lol). Chapter select should have been there from the beginning. And I don't play much multiplayer anymore in any games, so that reviving fairy sounds pretty awesome.

So no release date on that DLC yet? I will almost certainly want to review it.

Archived