Coolest things you've found in Skyrim

ThermoNukePanda

I found a really great item last night. Definitely the best helmet I've found. It's called the Volsung Mask and I came across it by chance while trying to truck it up north to free some Grey-Mane dude taken from the WhiteRun town. The enemy who had it (some floating magic user thing that attacked me after I absorbed a dragon word of power) absolutely crushed me like 6 times before I finally beat him (and used all my potions!). LoL

Anyways, it gives +20% better prices in shops (buy and sell), +20 to your carry weight and permanent water breathing. Looks pretty bad-*** too.

What are some of the cooler items you've found?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did mess around and get married last night. Then a dragon attacked my wife's town. Bad omen so I reloaded.

i want to get married! i did go on a drunken romp around skyrim with some guy named sam and we stole a goat and sold it to a giant and i got engaged to a witch. woke up and had to retrace my steps and fix everything lol.

i want to get married! i did go on a drunken romp around skyrim with some guy named sam and we stole a goat and sold it to a giant and i got engaged to a witch. woke up and had to retrace my steps and fix everything lol.

Haha. That sounds like a fun quest. Travel to Riften and visit the Temple of Mara and you can buy an amulet to be able to get married. The guy might be in the tavern if it's the first visit there.

I'm using the mask PK posted, I found it during the - *Spoilers Maybe?* - College of Winterhold questline.

*spoiler maybe?*

I can't for the love of g-d kill moreaki. I'm in the middle of fighting him in a save and have tried 5 different times. I have a decent strategy( using the bridge as coverage) but I'm just unprepared. I'm only a level 16, primarily an archer/mage and I ran out of arrows lol. How'd you take him down?

Using poisons on your weapons can also aid you. One other thing that I've noticed with broadcasters playing Skyrim; they don't seem to know how to recharge their enchanted weapons, or even what the soul gems are for. They're for use in enchanting garments and weapons. They're also used in recharging your enchanted weapons. Just highlight your weapon that needs charged, and then look at your menu on the bottom. There will be a recharge option shown to you. Just use that button and then you'll be prompted to choose which soul gem in your inventory to use.

*spoiler maybe?*

I can't for the love of g-d kill moreaki. I'm in the middle of fighting him in a save and have tried 5 different times. I have a decent strategy( using the bridge as coverage) but I'm just unprepared. I'm only a level 16, primarily an archer/mage and I ran out of arrows lol. How'd you take him down?

Boss types are super unbalanced. I managed to beat him by getting his hand stuck in a wall so he couldn't attack me LOL. I lured him back to the room just before the big area he's in, in that little hallway, and was just planning to use cover and blast him with a shot of magic every few seconds until he died (since he stopping moving around much in there). Somehow he ended up immobile in a corner though with his spell hand stuck through the wall, unable to blast me to death. Still took me an unnecessarily long time to kill him with him just standing there.

*spoiler maybe?*

I was around level 20 when I fought him. I used Lightning Bolt and the Sparks spell. I would pretty much just get in cheap potshots at him when I could, and I always tried to keep something between him and I, as he does a shitload of damage to you in one hit lol. Towards the end of the fight I went to the exit, the big staircase towards the back of the room, and I would run up the stairs, hit him, run back, use a healing spell, and repeat. For some reason he refuses to come down the stairs, so that makes it easier.

Archived