Magicka: The Stars are Left

PeeKnuckle

Paradox Interactive and Arrowhead Studios have exciting news for Magicka fans, straight from the Inn’s Mouth: Everybody’s favorite magical multiplayer massacre is taking on an all-new adventure in Magicka: The Stars are Left. Designed for players who love to craft the hundreds of different spells available in Magicka, this new campaign will pit up to four wizards at once against a horror-mystery inspired by the popular Cthulhu Mythos. The Stars are Left will boast a much requested feature from the players – a new adventure campaign, including several terrifying new enemies, bosses awakened from the depths of insanity, and several other miscellaneous Miskatonic minions. Other spoofs ending in “-craft” may or may not also be included.

In an act described by industry colleagues as “more insane than a black goat with a thousand young,” Magicka: The Stars are Left will be available not only to players who purchase the expansion, but to all of their friends, as well. So long as the host player in a co-op group owns the content, every one of their co-wizards will be able to co-experience the mind-killing terror of the new expansion.

The Stars are Left includes:

• An all-new adventure, several levels long, allowing players to get lost in space and time

• 2 new challenge maps

• 2 new robes

• 2 new bosses

• 5 new achievements

• 7 new enemies

• Considerably more than 2 new items and Magicks

• Also, we make fun of Minecraft this time

Magicka: The Stars are Left is scheduled to launch this winter.

Oh s*** yeah! I've been wanting more campaign levels, rather than just a bunch of arena/versus DLCs. Hopefully it will be loaded with some of Magicka's signature humor. The Vietnam expansion added a little bit in the way of a campaign, but hopefully this one will be much longer. Definitely getting it.

Or, it's likely we'll get a code from Paradox so... *pees on it* Mine. I'll definitely review it. :D

Pretty damn awesome of them to let you bring in friends while only owning one copy. Haven't seen that since the days of buddy discs.

I think they've had the host sharing for all the arena/versus DLCs after Magicka: Vietnam, but it's still pretty cool. That's why Magicka keeps getting big updates, because the (locked until bought) DLC is automatically added to your game.

Archived