Xbox Magazine Talks Gears 3 with Cliff B

Gamercide

Cliffy-B.jpgThe game on many people’s minds at the moment is Gears of War 3, which will release tonight at 12AM to the general public. Epic’s promising a solid and interesting campaign and is backing up the multiplayer with dedicated servers this time around. Xbox Magazine managed to flag down Epic’s Cliffy B for an in-depth interview about what fans could expect about the game when they play it, what the team thinks about the scores the game has received, and where Epic will be going, if anywhere, with the Gears of War franchise from here.

You can find a link to the interview here. Also detailed in the interview are tidbits of info about Horde mode, the interactions between Anya and Marcus, and what Cliff thinks about that terrible horror movie involving something about a centipede.

Gears of War 3 is the final game in the trilogy that started back in 2006, and aims to tie up all loose ends of the overarching storyline and characters. After the events of Gears 2, the COG has disbanded and what remains of their forces reside on the isolated island of Vectes, where the hard process of starting over after the war with the Locust has begun. Their hopes of living in peace are dashed quickly once the glowing, mutating Lambent show up, looking to replace the Locust as the driving force of human extinction. While their numbers have dramatically dwindled as a result of events from Gears 2, the Locust are not down and out, as many still survive as Savages.

Below is the latest trailer for Gears of War 3, which does its best to emote the sense of impending destruction by the Lambent and the struggle for survival:

I for one cannot wait to play it. While I’m not getting it on midnight, I hope to play it day one

View the full article

Archived