Holy crap, Bungie and Activision in 10 year deal

Banstyle

Imagine if Bungie worked on Modern Warfare? It could happen now. Especially since all the IW employees left Activision.

I know it's a pipe dream.. Bungie works on whatever the hell they want. But still. 10 years is a long time. That's like 10 Call of Duties.

Son of a... I just made a thread about this without seeing it...Serves me right for skimming lol. Can someone please be kind enough to remove my thread. *Mumbles about not reading carefully after waking up in the morning.* (got it - ban)

Edit: My thoughts on the matter are kind of split. While it's nice that Bungie is finally going to make something new, I'm a little torn that they went to Activision for this publishing deal. Sure they might get creative freedom at first, but if CoD,Tony Hawk, and Guitar Hero have shown us, it won't be long before they start milking Bungie's IP until they implode like IW.

This is a complete surprise...Can it really be true? How can they want to get away from M$ only to align with Activision?? It make no sense.huh.gif

It actually makes perfect business sense for Bungie. Sure MS will still get first crack at anything they make, but with Activision publishing for them multiplatform is easier for them now.

I'd honestly like to see what they can do on the PS3 after seeing what God of War 3 looked like on that beast. I know Activision is a terrible company, but money makes the world go round and Bungie has been shackled with one devil for long enough. Why not hook up with the next one to see what they can do.

I think this is Bungie's way of flipping off MS for all the times MS pressured them to completely scrap a storyline so it could make a release date and ship a product they weren't completely satisfied with as developers. *cough* Halo 2 *cough*

I think this is Bungie's way of flipping off MS for all the times MS pressured them to completely scrap a storyline so it could make a release date and ship a product they weren't completely satisfied with as developers. *cough* Halo 2 *cough*

Like I said though, they aren't really flipping off MS. MS still gets first crack at whatever they create.

Well, bungie split from microsoft after halo 3, now I've heard that they are signing with Activision.... I mean don't get me wrong here, Activision has made some Awesome, and down right bad games now and then... but after all this trouble you hear about in the company, If I were Bungie, I would stay away, it sounds like some mafia scheme. I heard on twitter (may not be true) that activision locked up 2 of bungie's and their own game creators... This whole situation could be good or bad. What is the video game industry coming to?

Like I said though, they aren't really flipping off MS. MS still gets first crack at whatever they create.

That's not necessarily true since Bungie is completely independent from MS. MS used to "own" Bungie, but a while back they broke apart since Bungie wanted to expand its horizons.

That's not necessarily true since Bungie is completely independent from MS. MS used to "own" Bungie, but a while back they broke apart since Bungie wanted to expand its horizons.

What I'm saying is, part of the deal for Bungie to become independent was that MS would get first option for any new IPs they develop, for an undisclosed time frame. Now that time MAY be up, but I doubt it since MS still owns a stake in Bungie. To what extent they own is unknown as well. Either way, I see this as a good thing for all involved.

Archived