Final Book in the Eragon Series (Inheritance) Coming Out Soon

Kevnvek

So it seems the final book in the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr) is going to be released on November 8th. I have it preordered and am excited to read it. I started rereading the first three books yesterday and got 66 pages into Eragon already lol (and I haven't read any yet today, since I'm setting my computer back up after my parts got back today). I'm rereading because it's been a while since I've read them, and I want to remember the specifics since Inheritance will be the final book.

Anyone else read the series or getting the new one?

I have never read his books and I have no idea what they are really about but I want to say: I met this guy when I was in middle school and before he even signed to a publisher and was doing it inside his house or something like that. Random, I know. Cool dude though.

Finished the first last night. I thought I was making good progress, but then I was reminded that the second and third book are about forty and sixty percent longer respectively, so I'm only about a quarter of the way lol. Still time though, and it's not like I have to stop and immediately read the new one as soon as it arrives. As I recall, the writing gets better by the second book as well (I'm 50 pages in now).

I just finished the second, so I think at this pace I'm going to finish the third too soon lol, as there's still 2 months before the final one comes out.

And sure there are better novels, but I like this series. I could easily say that Dune was better, but the genre is a bit different being Science Fiction rather than Fantasy, and Frank Herbert of course had a lot more experience before writing the series.

I'd like to finally read that Journey to the West novel (well four volumes) that I got sometime afterwards, then at another point possibly the Wheel of Time series, as someone has pretty much indefinitely lent the first book to me.

And do not mention that travesty of a movie in this thread again...

lol

Artemis Fowl is a 14 year old boy and his adventures are grand!

=]

I read the first Artemis Fowl book a long time ago and it was fairly good as I recall. I've sort of read some of the others I think, but it was all so long ago. Though thinking back, it was a bit odd being about a 14 year old with the mind of an evil genius dealing with fairies, dwarves, and their respective governments. lol

• 2 weeks later...

And done. I managed to reread all three books much faster than I had previously read a single one of them lol. That was mostly because I had at some points set them aside as something I'd read while in transit and such.

I noticed I still have my Golden Compass trilogy and almost feel like rereading that series at some point too. It's been a long time and I recall them being pretty good as well, but don't really remember a whole lot about them. First, I have to wait for the last Eragon book while all that's fresh in my mind (even though I didn't expect to finish two months early lol), then I want to finally read Journey to the West.

• 1 month later...

It comes out tomorrow! I'm not quite sure I understand what Amazon is saying, but I will either get it tomorrow, or it might ship out tomorrow. I think it said I'd get it the day it released with two day shipping when I ordered it, so it may be here tomorrow, but I'm not seeing any shipping updates on Amazon. Still, I can't wait. Too bad it's out so close to all of the gaming goodness this November lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived