EA Sports Season Ticket Out Today, Are You Buying?

Gamercide

65522-1.jpg

Are you willing to shell out an extra $25.00 a year for “early” access to games and DLC courtesy of EA’s new money maker, EA Sports Season Ticket?  If you answered yes to that, make sure that read the fine print before buying.  As pointed out by many websites including Canada Reuters and Joystiq, there are hidden terms in the fine print.

Fine Print 1:  “Three days before a game’s scheduled release, fans will be able to download and play the full version of all five participating titles on Xbox 360 and PS3™**. The        digitally downloaded game will time out when the game is available at retail and consumers have the option to purchase the same full game on disc at retail. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers can transfer all achievements earned during the three-day download period to the purchased disc, resulting in an early edge over the competition.”     

Gamers keep in mind that your “early” access will run out and you still have to purchase the full retail game at your local game retailer.

Fine Print 2:  ‘ Premium web content extends the game experience beyond the console to a web browser.  All participating titles will feature premium web content that will be free to EA SPORTS Season Ticket members beginning with the premium Creation Center packs for FIFA Soccer 12. These packs provide a deeper  set of customization tools and abilities within Creation Center to build your own teams and tournaments, and will be available to the consumer until the membership to the program has expired”

Your created options will only be available to you until your membership ends.  Just speculation, but it sounds like you might lose everything that work on if you choose to end your membership.

What have we learned today my fellow gamers?  In EA’s world, it’s all about the dolla yo!  Holla!

via EA Press Release

View the full article

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm seriously thinking about getting this. I love Madden and NCAA, and it helps to know just how good a game is before I plunk down $65... and a demo just doesn't cut it, they're made to show highlights, and not what might not be good about the title... it'd be better if it also had the NBA.

I know it sounds crazy, but I'm seriously thinking about getting this. I love Madden and NCAA, and it helps to know just how good a game is before I plunk down $65... and a demo just doesn't cut it, they're made to show highlights, and not what might not be good about the title... it'd be better if it also had the NBA.

The issue with that is it that the demos should be bigger in the first place. You shouldn't have cough up $25 just because the demo doesn't cut it.

I can see the appeal to those who like the games, but I would worry about server congestion. With only a three day window it's a good possibility they will be so overloaded you won't get it until the next day or later. Plus it should time out 3 days after install instead. If you're not timing it just right it will do you no good.

I know this runs counter to what most people think on here, but I don't blame them for seeking ways to raise revenue (especially if it addresses a void in the industry). If consumers don't think it's a good deal or worth buying, they won't and the company will discontinue the service.

Archived