Cabela’s Gets A New “Adrenaline-Packed” Game

Gamercide

The wonderful and creative folks over at Activision have decided to bless us all with another attempt at a hunting game.

In Cabela’s Survival: Shadows of Katmai, you play as Logan who after his plane crashes in a remote location in Alaska must survive off of the land.  Along the way, Logan will find hunting gear and firearms to aid you in your battle of survival against the scariest foes that the Alaskan wilderness has to offer.

This highly anticipated game is expected to launch on all consoles on November 1, 2011.  I have one question though.  Will Les Stroud be bundled with this surviving off the land adventure?

via Activision

View the full article

There was one Cabela's game that I liked and I don't remember what it was called. It was the one before they started doing that X-Ray crap and the other dumb sense things that you can gain. That one was awesome. You actually had to pitch a tent if you stayed out all night, have decoys, be stealthy, etc.... It was definitely a real hunting experience for a video game.

Bear Ghrylls would be an awesome intro person, maybe to give advice like in a help menu type capacity... could even call him up for that immersion factor.

Booo! Bear Grylls is for weenies! Les Stroud all the way!!!!

Archived