Texas Battlefield 3 launch LAN bans women from attending

PeeKnuckle

I understand why they did it, but they still shouldn't have. They should have had female players sign waivers acknowledging that they were aware of what could possibly occur and that the people holding the event would not be liable for what is said to them by other guests. If they don't sign the waiver, they can't attend. Still a drastic change but better than completely banning female gamers in my opinion.

What about - "Further, it is meant as a getaway designed to help said male contingent become better men both for themselves and for those who love us." as their reasoning?

@GG All girl events are billed as all girl events. Like PMS Clan or the Frag Girls etc. This was just a launch event held in Texas. It wasn't billed as an all male only event. It was only after they were called out on some websites that they re-billed it as "a gentleman's retreat, and deleted previous text.

Personally, I think if a guy can't handle playing with women in a videogame, they shouldn't be allowed to attend an event. lol

It's a black eye for us. If our own behavior prompts actions like removing female players simply because we cannot handle it, then I think it's time we took a good long look at ourselves.

What about - "Further, it is meant as a getaway designed to help said male contingent become better men both for themselves and for those who love us." as their reasoning?

@GG All girl events are billed as all girl events. Like PMS Clan or the Frag Girls etc. This was just a launch event held in Texas. It wasn't billed as an all male only event. It was only after they were called out on some websites that they re-billed it as "a gentleman's retreat, and deleted previous text.

even its billed or not it still stands reverse the roles it wouldnt be news.

It happens all the time. There are plenty of female only gaming events. I'm glad, too. At least they have the courage to classify it as such.

If you're saying it was an all female lan party being billed as just a regular event, I'd find that wrong, too. It doesn't happen though. They know who they want there and make it well known. Had this event declared itself to be an all male lan party in the first place, I'd be totally okay with it.

i agree that they should punish the offenders, not the ladies. i agree that it's rediculous dudes can't just play a game with chicks and not become cavemen about it. tell you one thing, i wouldn't go to an all male event. sausage parties ftl.

It happens all the time. There are plenty of female only gaming events. I'm glad, too. At least they have the courage to classify it as such.

If you're saying it was an all female lan party being billed as just a regular event, I'd find that wrong, too. It doesn't happen though. They know who they want there and make it well known. Had this event declared itself to be an all male lan party in the first place, I'd be totally okay with it.

Thats why I said even if its billed or not. Hell even if it was billed that way.some group would throw a fit about equal rights. Your even the one that showed.me the vid about sexism.

Thats why I said even if its billed or not. Hell even if it was billed that way.some group would throw a fit about equal rights. Your even the one that showed.me the vid about sexism.

Happens once a week in events with Gamerchix and Frag Dolls. No one freaks out, because they've let it be known it's an all female gaming event.

Archived