Dress Like Master Chief – Pre Order Bonus for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Gamercide

Halo fans get ready to get an insta-boner as news has surfaced regarding a pre-order special for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

If you pre-order the remake of the ten year old franchise, you will receive the exlusive Grunt Funeral skull and a complete set of Master Chief armor for your avatar.

The Grunt Funeral Skull will cause everybody’s favorite Halo enemy, the Grunts, to explode in a pretty, plasmic fashion.

via Joystiq

View the full article

Or it's a new way to play an older game. Now you can use those grunts as mobile plasma grenades. Even if you don't like it you can turn that skull off. Thinking on what they could offer as a pre-order bonus, there's not a whole lot I can come up with. If it were a new weapon, Bungie fans would scream. Golden guns, same thing.

As far as the MC avatar gear... Isn't there already green Halo armor you can buy on the avatar marketplace?

As far as the MC avatar gear... Isn't there already green Halo armor you can buy on the avatar marketplace?

Yes sir.

I was hoping for more pre order bonuses like a behind the scenes look throughout the years or something, but whatevs. I'll take what I can get :P

I'd hope that if there's something awesome like developer commentary, that it's not exclusive to preorders. The exploding grunts thing does sound pretty cool though. I believe the grunt birthday party skull in Reach and ODST had a similar effect. When you headshot a grunt, they explode in confetti, damaging and possibly detonating other nearby grunts, especially if there are plasma grenades laying on the ground from the deceased.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes sir.

I was hoping for more pre order bonuses like a behind the scenes look throughout the years or something, but whatevs. I'll take what I can get :P

I heard they released a video for bungie fans today that had a behind the scenes over the years kinda of thing to it.

Archived