The Union

PeeKnuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zI7G6KvkhQ

For once in my life, I'm going to tell you to torrent something, if you don't have access to Netflix. Use torrents as a last resort, though. You may be able to find this movie on YouTube, broken into episodes.

Please watch this, and be educated. Learn the lies we've all been told since the 1930's. Learn why the feds will never, ever legalize Marijuana, simply because it's too profitable for them to enforce it, test against it, jail people for using it etc. The line of people pot employs when it's illegal, is HUGE. This movie will explain and show this long line of abuse, for a plant that is HARMLESS to you and I.

This thread is an open call for discussion, too. Weigh in. Do you think there are negative things pertaining to pot use? Speak up. You may find that the knowledge you have of the plant, is all a long planned lie. Watch this film and become educated on the truth behind Marijuana and Hemp.

Please watch this movie. Pretty please with whatever you want on top.

*edit* Found the movie broken up on YouTube, for those interested. http://youtu.be/hoK6NztH3eQ (did the short link on purpose, so it wouldn't embed). That's just part one, though. It's up to you to click the next episodes.

That's a great point, TK. No one has to use it. It's entirely up to the person. But when we look at how our government is capitalizing and profiting from it being illegal... it's clear that they're complicit in this arrangement, and reaping the most rewards and profit. Heck, not even the growers want it legalized. It'll cut into their profits too much. So, it's a long line of lies and deception, to keep something lucrative and forever demonize a weed that only has benefits, and zero negative effects.

It's the biggest fallacy ever dreamed up on this planet. It's mind boggling. It really is. The civilian population doesn't much care, either. They grew up knowing only one thing; It's illegal and must be bad.

Honestly, I was raised in an ultra conservative household where the use of drugs and vices was frowned upon. Since I've been in college, I've realized weed, compared to alcohol, is harmless. People get high, laugh, eat Doritos and watch comedy central. People get drunk, destroy ****, do stupid things, get their stomach's pumped, ect. I think it's a good idea to not encourage the use of it, especially with children, and it can spark interests in harder drugs but it should imo be legalized.

The gateway argument. How's this, instead - As a kid, you're told pot is bad. That bad things will happen to you. That you should avoid people who use it. Finally, one day you decide to try it and nothing bad happens. That kid then starts to wonder what else he's been lied to about. "If pot wasn't bad, what else isn't? Maybe I'll try some meth next". That's not out of the realm of possibility. I know this, because it's what I thought when I was younger. I was lied to about Santa Claus etc. Now, I'm not saying our parents are to blame for this. They're just keeping in line with how they themselves were raised. This fallacy began in the 30's, and there's generations of this lie going strong.

If you're honest with your children, and inform them that pot isn't bad, but meth, heroin and the like really are... you stand a better chance of your kids keeping out of trouble and being much safer. You're also not condoning its use. You're just saying that there's a myth perpetuated by the government, that pot is bad. You still want them to wait until they're an adult and can make their own decisions. For me, I'd respect that very much if my parent told me that. I honestly would.

A friend and I were discussing this documentary over IM, and he brought up an interesting point in the doc. That he was hoodwinked into believing that Marijuana kills brain cells. He isn't alone. I thought that as well. I believe everyone believes that to be absolute fact, and it definitely isn't the case.

It's once we see the things our government has put out, to show that this plant is harmful and should remain illegal, that we start to see just how invested into this they are. If they wish to remain the primary benefactor in this gigantic operation, it has to remain illegal.

We've been lied to, and these lies will continue so long as we're ignorant to the facts.

You said this is on Netflix? I definitely need to check it out. Personally, I've tried smoking it maybe twice in my life, and I personally don't like it because it doesn't do much for me other than give me a poinding headache. Having said that, I've never had anything against it or the people who use it. This seems like a good watch though.

Yeah, it's on Netflix.

There's other ways to consume cannabis, though. ;) Even vaporizers are used by people with Asthma or Emphysema. Or, they could use the many lotions, extracts, edibles, oils etc.

Again, not condoning its use to anyone here. Just relaying a little knowledge.

"88% of marijuana arrests are for simple possession" -FBI - Uniform Crime Report

Not for cultivating or dealing. For simply possessing it.

"Estimated 7.7 billion spent on enforcement" (2004 or 05 yearly estimate. Surely much higher now)

We have people who cannot afford to go to the hospital or even their medications! How this doesn't enrage more people, I'll never know. Pour that money into health care, where it can do some real good. That would be looking out for the people that put you into office.

The simple truth is, money is more important than human beings. Money good, people expendable. If you watch this film, you'll see that clearly.

I was reminded of something from this documentary.

Bill Clinton. The President who smoked marijuana, but didn't inhale. Did he pass that joint to anyone, after he didn't inhale? If he did, under the current laws, and the laws back then, he could be charged with drug dealing or even simple possession. Also, he couldn't become Governor or President. That would have become part of his permanent record.

Al Gore admits to smoking it when he was in the US Army. Many politicians have admitted to using it. If it's so bad, why on Earth have they tried it at one time or another?

Anyone recognizing the hypocrisy in all this yet?

I think the reason why he thought they were 'faggy', is because they put on plays there, and it's an all male 'resort'. So, the men have to do the female parts, and wear dresses.

Not sticking up for that place, or old Dick's hate. Just think that part of Bohemian Grove is often misinterpreted.

Well, along with marijuana being a potential trigger for recovering addicts, it also poses a serious threat to the mental health of some people. Though it is widely accepted in large circles of young people, it can be harmful to ones way of life if they have not been conditioned to accept responsibility for their actions, though I can't remember any times when I destroyed anything while smoking pot, except my work schedule.

I don't see how it can be a trigger for recovering addicts. Maybe if it was a pot addict, but it's not something that's addictive. If anything, pot would take their minds off the drug they're trying to stay away from.

People with Autism are treated with marijuana. It's also used for depression. Not sure what area you meant, when you brought up mental health, so I can't really say one way or the other. I'd like know the 'serious threat' part, though. I've never read or heard of anything seriously threatening in regards to marijuana. Unless it was appetites. lol

I don't see how it can be a trigger for recovering addicts. Maybe if it was a pot addict, but it's not something that's addictive. If anything, pot would take their minds off the drug they're trying to stay away from.

People with Autism are treated with marijuana. It's also used for depression. Not sure what area you meant, when you brought up mental health, so I can't really say one way or the other. I'd like know the 'serious threat' part, though. I've never read or heard of anything seriously threatening in regards to marijuana. Unless it was appetites. lol

Well, along with marijuana being a potential trigger for recovering addicts, it also poses a serious threat to the mental health of some people. Though it is widely accepted in large circles of young people, it can be harmful to ones way of life if they have not been conditioned to accept responsibility for their actions, though I can't remember any times when I destroyed anything while smoking pot, except my work schedule.

Do you know anyone who is ignorant about life on life's terms, and has used any recreational drug successfully? In the end, they are scrambling to get their lives together, which can be a trauma in itself, but like I said, the only thing pot every destroyed in my life was my responsible one.

Archived