Skyrim’s DLC Will Feel Like an Expansion

Gamercide

the-elder-scolls-v-skyrim-gameplay-villa

If you played Bethesda’s 2006 mega hit Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion than you were no doubt disappointed when Bethesda released the first DLC item for the RPG, the Horse Armor.  Bethesda wants you all to know that those days are behind them.  In an interview with Aus Gamers, Bethesda’s Todd Howard spoke about all things Bethesda including the next chapter in the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim and mentions that DLC for the game will have an expansion like feel to it.

“…And you mentioned DLC. We would like to do DLC; we don’t have any specific plans yet, but they’ve been really successful and we like making them. So right now I can say that we’d like to do less DLC but bigger ones — you know, more substantial. The Fallout 3 pace that we did was very chaotic. We did a lot of them — we had two overlapping groups — and we don’t know what we’re going to make yet, but we’d like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel.” ~ Todd Howard, Bethesda Executive Producer

Howard also explains that the team plans on letting gamers continue to play after beating the main storyline unlike there previous title, Fallout 3.

“No. No, that was a mistake, yeah. We were really confident about that, then the game came out and we heard pretty loud and clear that was not what they wanted. So we’re not gonna do that again. No, you’ll definitely be able to.. when you finish the main quest you can just keep playing.” ~ Todd Howard, Bethesda Executive Producer

So there you have my fellow Elder Scrolls junkies.  No “DLC” horse armor and we can continue our gaming experience even after we beat the main story.  That has this fan and I’m sure plenty of others mighty pleased.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is set to release on November 11, 2011.

via Aus Gamers

View the full article

I love that Bethesda actually listen alot of the time it fells like developer turn a deaf ear. I'm really happy about the new DLC while I brought all the DLC for oblivion Shivering Isles was by far the best, expansion packs are definatly the way forward Morrowind is a great example the tribunel and bloodmoon expansions added alot to what was already a big game. Id much rather pay £20 for a big expansion pack than £5 each for 4 add-ons that take less than afew hours to complete. If skyrim doesn't have werewolves/vampires I can see a proper expansion with an actually questline.

Archived