Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford and Duke Nukem Have Their Say Against Critics

Gamercide

Duke Nukem Forever may have taken years to come out, but it did not take the poor reviews of the game long to come in.  Critics have been outspoken with their disappointment of the game and many reviewers have been giving Duke an embarassing 5 or below.  Firing back at those critics are Gearbox’s outspoken CEO Randy Pitchford and Duke himself.  Well at least his voice actor anyway.

“I have no comments regarding bad reviews by clueless critics.  They seem to want to compare Duke Nukem Forever to Call Of Duty and other FPSs and they are missing the point. My thoughts about Duke Nukem Forever: It freakin ROCKS! Lots of action, lots of fun, sexy, funny, irreverent… It’s everything I hoped it would be.” ~ John St. Jon, Duke Nukem voice actor speaking to

Meanwhile, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford was throwing in his two cents on what critics are saying.

With sales data, it seems like *customers* love Duke.  I guess sometimes we want greasy hamburgers instead of caviar…” Randy Pitchford, Gearbox CEO via

These harsh words that are being thrown towards reviewers come after Take Two’s stock plummets 15% since mid-May follwoing the release of Duke Nukem Forever.

via Eurogamer

View the full article

Archived