• Forza 4
  • Fable: The Journey
  • Kinect Disneyland Adventures
  • Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
  • Star Wars Kinect
  • Dance Central 2
  • Kinect Sports Season Two
Announcements
  • UFC and Xbox Live partnered together and all UFC pay per view events will be available on Xbox Live. Kinect friendly.
  • Cloud Saves and Beacons allow gamers to access their games saves on other consoles and beacons will let gamers tell their friends what they want to play.
  • Fall 2011 Dashboard update coming and looks much more user friendly and clean.
  • Youtube and Bing coming to Xbox Live.
  • Xbox Live TV Service announced. Unfortunately not alot of details were dropped other than that you will be able to watch anything you want.
  • Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be Kinect friendly along with all future Tom Clancy titles. Future Soldier will use body tracking and voice commands.
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour, Madden, FIFA, and an unannounced fourth title will be Kinect enabled.
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will be priced at $40.00 and will feature HD graphics, co-op over XBL, and a release date of November 15th, 2011.
  • Halo 4 shown at the end of the press conference with a 2012 release date.
  • Forza 4 will use Kinect.
  • Fable: The Journey will support Kinect controls.
  • Minecraft is coming exclusively to the 360.
  • Kinect Fun Labs available now on the Kinect dashboard. Lets users re-create their avatar to look just like them, finger tracking controls, and take 3D photos and edit them. There will also be item scanning for use in games.

Chastity’s Final Verdict on Microsoft’s E3 2011 Press Conference: I was a little disappointed by Microsoft’s showing at E3 this year. It seems that they are heavily focused on marketing Kinect enabled titles which is great for them to steer gamers away from the Wii and PS Move. However that is all that there press conference was about. If you are married to your Kinect then this press conference was for you, but for gamers who were looking for sneak peeks, new games, and gameplay from regular games releasing soon, those gamers were left in the dark.

tt-twitter.png Tweet This Post tt-facebook.png Post to Facebook

View the full article

Man, that was a disappointing conference to say the least. Going in really I was just looking forward to the Halo 1 remake, Crytek's game from last year, the new Alan Wake thing, and maybe just some new traditional IPs from MS.

- Halo Anniversary.....super disappointed in what it actually is. Having the campaign in both new and classic graphics is nice, along with co-op over live is great, but the multiplayer literally just being 7 maps, of the original 13, 1 of the 7 being firefight at that, and it just being a Reach map pack, is the exact opposite of what I wanted. I like Reach and all, but I liked the multiplayer in 1 a lot better. At least its 40 bucks....for now, we all remember ODST, right?

- Crytek's game is a kinect game, damn, wish that would have been hinted on last year so I wouldn't' get my hopes up(sorry, I just have no interesting in motion gaming at all).

- New Alan Wake, nothin'

- New traditional IPs, nothin' again

:meh:

If it wasn't for the 3rd party games, it would feel just like having a Wii again.

EDIT: Oh, and for Minecraft, kinect AND cross platform play with the PC. It also sounded like it was a kinect exclusive? I don't think that was right though because....that would just be stupid.

The biggest disappointment is the most worthless search engine ever Bing is coming to Xbox Live. That extra $10 a year is really kicking in......

One thing I am interested in is the Xbox Live TV Service but if it is expensive I won't even consider it.

I think it's interesting that Xbox is going towards non-gamers but Nintendo is getting hardcore! Darksiders? lol! It's like the world is upside down.

Yeah, its just so bizarre that the 360 is now kinda turning into the Wii(albeit I don't think we will ever reach that level of shovelware, since we still do have good 3rd party support), and the Wii U looks like it could be the next big console for everyone that still has a ton for people that like more traditional games.

I would have to disagree on all counts.

So Uncharted 3 doesn't look fantastic, the new Xbox line-up and feature integrations don't do anything for you and the Wii U is a buy? This perturbed me...

The Wii U controller is what did it for me, I can't justify spending what will likely be $80-100 on something that will almost certainly be broken once if not twice in the life of the console. Also, 3rd party support will still take precedence on Sony and Microsoft hardware, software providers don't like work arounds and the controller is just that, another obstacle that will make it difficult for these companies to bust into Nintendo's market. As for Microsoft, two Halo games is a very big deal for the industy as a whole. Gears of War, Fable, Forza and Star Wars Kinect are all very compelling too. Not to mention the slew of great 3rd party games.

Uncharted does look great both graphicaly and gameplay wise, but I disagree that graphics make the game, I can still go back and enjoy Resident Evil even with it's polygonal weirdness and obvious fake backgrounds.

For all the new xbox conference stuff.

MW3 - Yawn, same old same old, just more scripted, only thing I still like to play in CoD anymore is Zombies

Tomb Raider - Generally interested in this

Gears 3 - Never been the biggest fan of the Gears games and I didn't like the beta, so that's a meh

Pretty much all the kinect stuff - No interest in motion gaming.

Youtube, Bing, TV - The only thing I care about my xbox doing is playing games and watching DVDs, everything else is just clutter on my dashboard

Halo Anniversery - Yay! Then ugh once I found it multiplayer is just reach stuff and no the actual original

Halo 4 - Um, sure, I guess, pretty indifferent

The Wii U, not totally sold on it, but I think it's presenting some interesting concepts like the Wii did, but without killing the 3rd party support like they did with the Wii. So maybe after I get a gaming PC and ditch the 360(or just not get the next one if it's after that), it might be a nice compliment to that.

Oh no, you got me all wrong. Graphics don't make games, but in the case of Uncharted they did alot to enhance the experience. Hell, my favorite games are still on the old consoles from the early 90's.

Call of Duty I lost interest in years ago

Tomb Raider looks really good

Gear of War (shrugs) I guess its a big deal for the people that play it, I'll probably pass

Youtube and Bing stuff just seemed like along time coming, so I'm happy to see it finally happening

I always get pretty pumped for Halo stuff

Wii U, I really don't know... Nintendo lost my business after the Gamecube. It's hard to get up for any new Nintendo products these days.

Archived