Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid HD Remakes Coming

Gamercide

Konami.gif

Konami announced HD remakes of both Zone of the Enders, as well as a pack of Silent Hill games coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 sometime next year.  They also announced a pack of HD remakes (a la the God of War pack) of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and the recent PSP title Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.  Both packs will have upgraded graphics, new interfaces, and new 2D art.

Also, Kojima announced the new “Transfarring” technology that will allow easier game save transfers between PS3 and PSP versions of games.  We’ll have to wait for more details on this one, but hopefully it will make things less cumbersome.

And on a final note from Konami, for now, a fireball crisscrossed the screen and this was shown:

contrateaser-300x252.jpg

That’s right, a NEW CONTRA GAME IS COMING!!  I, for one, can not wait for a new game.  The recent Nintendo DS iterations have been great.  We will have more info as it becomes available.

View the full article

I *think* the MGS collection is coming out this Novemember. Anyway, I'm sold on that, I never got to play any of the MGS games and I remember seeing screens from 3 all the time but it was before my parents would let me play M rated games. Also can't wait for the Silent Hill collection missed those too. Might check out the Zone of the Enders collection also eventually. Pretty much, all my money are belong to konami, lol.

I *think* the MGS collection is coming out this Novemember. Anyway, I'm sold on that, I never got to play any of the MGS games and I remember seeing screens from 3 all the time but it was before my parents would let me play M rated games.

I'd recommend you try MGS1 first. I think it's $10 on PSN. It's a great game that aged really well. It may have pixely graphics and somewhat clunky controls (like the older resident evil games), but it is just pure win. I actually played the games (the Solid ones at least) in chronological order lol, 3, 1, 2, then 4. All of them are just epic.

Archived