[Quick Review] – Pinball FX2 Fantastic Four

Gamercide

PFX2-FFLogo.jpg

Zen Studios has maybe the best pinball simulation game on the market today with Pinball FX2.  In my previous review I mentioned that the upcoming Fantastic Four table.  With its release, do we get another great addition to the already stellar table lineup?  Keep on reading comic fans and let’s find out in Gamercide’s first “Quick Review”

pinball-fx-2-fantastic-four-table-dlc-1024x576.jpg

As with all the other tables, Zen Studios has done a great job capturing the feel of the Fantastic Four comics.  Artwork for the table is colorful and quite impressive for a pinball game.  Each character is represented in great detail and put their powers to good use as you play through the missions.  Voice work is very well done, as is the case with all the Marvel tables.

Game play is where the table takes a slight hit.  Sure, just hitting the bumpers and pins is a blast, but when it comes to getting the missions down, the learning curve ramps up quite a bit.  Getting the necessary angle to the Baxter Building can be a little frustrating.  However, once you get things down you will be ruling the table with a Galactus like fist.

MVP_Fantastic_Four_01.jpg

Impressive graphics and sound really make you feel like you’re playing around in the Marvel universe.  Hearing the voices of the characters being so well done, as well as seeing things like Reed Richards stretching around the board bring a lot to the table.  The slight frustration in learning curve can be easily overcome by spending a little time getting used to the angles and where/when to shoot the ball.  Overall, this is another great addition to Pinball FX2.  The new table is available now and I highly recommend it to any fan of the Fantastic Four or pinball.  I can’t wait to see what Zen comes up with next for a newly converted pinball fan.

View the full article

Archived