New Phone

SegaCKY

Phone 7 looks good but lacks so many features compared to Android or iOS.

Ms say they are coming but they have ditched the entire previous Windows Mobile platform and this new one is based on Zune not Windows Mobile so much of the work has to be done from scratch.

I know because in my last job I programmed for Windows Mobile and was at the Ms talk fo the release of Phone 7 and Visual Studio 2010 :)

Phone 7 looks good, runs fast and the hardware is better than most other phones on the market but the features just aren't there yet. It is notable that Nokia have decided to run Phone 7 on all their devices from now on.

I have a Sony Ericsson's Android phone and am more than happy with it TBH. My model is a budget model so slightly underpowered compared to iPhone or Phone 7 phones but I can still do everything but play latest games on it and it handles multi-tasking without any issues.

In other news, I wrote my first Android application the other night :D A hello droid app with a button that changes the text to oh hai :P Development looks relatively easy on Android over Phone 7 TBH but as usual, Microsoft development tools are much more flexible and easier to use. The problem with that is it sometimes leads to sloppy programming as people don't learn what they should before beginning to program as the tools are so easy to use and on mobile development, this usually leads to performance/memory issues.

Phone 7 looks good but lacks so many features compared to Android or iOS.

This is honestly completely false. I've had the same phone as Sega for about 2 months now and have found nothing that iOS or any flavor (Eclair, Froyo, Honeycomb) of Android can do that WP7 can't do. I had/have an iPhone, an iPod, the wife has an Android OS phone, and we have 2 Android tablets, so trust me when I say we are well versed in the different mobile operating systems. The last update to WP7 added a TON of new features and essentially brought it on par with the other OS options.

Now, back to the topic at hand. It really is a GREAT phone Sega. I know you'll enjoy it. Be sure to pick up Flower (Free game) and if you dig puzzle games the WP7 version of ilomilo is really good. Almost just like the XBLA version. Give the demo a try.

This is honestly completely false. I've had the same phone as Sega for about 2 months now and have found nothing that iOS or any flavor (Eclair, Froyo, Honeycomb) of Android can do that WP7 can't do. I had/have an iPhone, an iPod, the wife has an Android OS phone, and we have 2 Android tablets, so trust me when I say we are well versed in the different mobile operating systems. The last update to WP7 added a TON of new features and essentially brought it on par with the other OS options.

Now, back to the topic at hand. It really is a GREAT phone Sega. I know you'll enjoy it. Be sure to pick up Flower (Free game) and if you dig puzzle games the WP7 version of ilomilo is really good. Almost just like the XBLA version. Give the demo a try.

I don't believe it is. I think it just ticked some of the more important boxes.

There are many features Phone 7 still lacks if you are a developer it is more obvious. Some of Ms applications have access to features that other developers don't have access to yet and some of the features of the Phone don't work properly outside the US such as Bing maps which still doesn't work properly in Ireland.

Archived