Osama Bin Laden is Dead

According to the statement, bin Laden recorded an audio message one week prior to his death, regarding the revolutions sweeping the Muslim world and offering advice and guidance. Al Qaeda indicated that the release of this message is forthcoming.

He hasn't been seen or heard in a very long time. Suddenly, just before he dies, he makes an audio message. The icing on the cake of this whole thing, would be if that audio message said he wanted to enter into negotiations with us. Wouldn't that be odd.

Meanwhile, investigators poring over material seized in the Monday raid found details about a possible attack on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and the intelligence led to a nationwide alert regarding rail security.

So, even before we took him down, they were already in plans to attack us again. So, we were worried about upsetting them why again?

"This blood will be a curse that will chase the Americans and their agents, a curse that will pursue them inside and outside their country, and soon -- with God's help -- we pray that their happiness turns into sorrow and may their blood mix with their tears and let Sheikh Osama's resonate again."

Our happiness. Forget the pictures. Maybe our government should have asked us not to celebrate, or be too happy about it. Does anyone really believe that if the pictures were released, that their anger would increase and put us over that imaginary unsafe line? They're mad about so many things that happened that day. They've been mad with us for over a decade. Nothing we do will ever be good in their eyes.

The army chief of staff, Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, also "made it very clear that any similar action, violating the sovereignty of Pakistan, will warrant a review on the level of military/intelligence cooperation with the United States," the statement said.

Okay, Pakistan is 'upset'. I forgot the relevance of this, or why we needed them to be... but that's all you're going to get from them.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/06/pakistan.bin.laden/?hpt=T1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing against you, Title, but when buildings come down and you have the supposed person behind it all... it's hard not to celebrate a little.

In addition, the entire Arab community rejoiced on 9/11 (not just al-Queda but the Saudis and practically every other Arab nation). There were pictures and videos of Arab students celebrating the attack at American universities! As much as people want us to take the high ground and not celebrate the death of another, I think a majority of Americans are celebrating the fact that some form of justice has been met (I think people would have reacted the same had he been captured instead) and, like PK said, some sense of accomplishment has occurred since that terrible day almost ten years ago.

We celebrate victory. We celebrate justice. We celebrate the destruction of, dare i say it, evil. We would have celebrated his capture just as much.

I drank champagne.

There are two separate issues here. You can question out actions from this point forward, as we should. Lump right and wrong and any other range of discussion with it. The discussion of the pictures, all else, right here....

Then there is the closing of one of the most painful chapters in American history. The death of a man who openly murdered thousands of Americans on many, many different occasions. Civilians. It feels similar to someone making fun of your brother for something you make fun of him for. You're family. People outside the family aren't welcome to say the same things.

A good friend of mine who sees nothing politically the same as me said simply "It is a great day to be an American." Only an American would understand that.

The awesome bomb sniffing/enemy detecting dog that was with the SEALS when they took down Bin Laden may have had titanium fangs which most SEAL dogs do. Could you imagine being bitten one of those fangs!

Huff Post

I just wanted to post that this is apparently BS. Here's the article

No, Navy SEAL dogs don't have titanium teeth

( Just posting the opposing side Siren, nothing against you! I too believe it would be cool if true. )

haha. I'm just gonna go ahead and say I don't want to be bitten by one of them with no teeth, let alone titanium razor teeth.

I was bitten by a little snippy dog when I was little. (My fault) I still have a scar on my pinkie from it and I was 8 at the time. Dogs are beasts!

This supposed audio tape thing is weird. If they have it why not release it already?

My guess is they are busy fabricating it from his past videos/audio recordings and it doesn't actually exist.

Either that or its release is supposed to coincide with an attack of some kind.

Archived