Game Recomendation?

green grenades

I asked a few of you this already, but decided to post it and see if anyone had any ideas. I'm looking for a game similar to Deadly Premonition. Not really the story, the quirkiness, but more along the lines of a third person Japanese adventure type game. Just some sort of rare game with side things you can do, creative story etc. I've already played Longest Journey Sequel and that was pretty similar to what I'm looking for. It doesn't even really have to be an Asian, it can be western. I'm just tired of shooters and I don't have the energy for an rpg. I loved Deadly Premonition and was one of my favorite games. So if anyone knows anything similar let me know.

Not saying you should get this game, but as I was researching, I came across it and went W.T.F.

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (1995)

ihavenomouthfinalscreen.jpg

Why you never played: If your parents were still buying you games back in 1995, we seriously doubt they would’ve agreed to one with this rather evocative title. And if your parents knew anything at all about the co-designer Harlan Ellison, a notoriously dark and perverse author whose name is proudly printed across the front of the box, we know they wouldn’t have.

804407526super.jpg

What’s so scary: Post-apocalyptic storylines have recently become a bit of a videogame cliché, but none have ventured anywhere near the miserable future predicted by I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. The human population isn’t struggling to survive in a radioactive wasteland or something similarly obvious – no, in this dystopia, our species is effectively extinct. Just five people remain, and they continue to draw breath only because a sentient supercomputer, the same A.I. that annihilated the world, needs them as entertainment. We are nothing more than toys.

804410523super.jpg

The machine has a sadistic imagination, too, transforming its human pets into false forms that cruelly mock their true identities. Benny, once a handsome homosexual scientist, has been reduced to a child-like ape with hideous features and enlarged genitalia. Ellen, formerly a chaste saint, now gets passed around the group as a shared sex slave.

ihavenomouthandimustscr.jpg

The group is usually separated, however, and forced to trek through hellish quests devised specifically for them by the supercomputer. Lose and you’re tortured to a greater degree. Win by committing good deeds and raising your “spiritual barometer”? Your friends die and you become the new A.I. for the rest of eternity. We told you the game was bleak…

22882.jpg

I think I have to read this short story now. lol

Archived