World Of Tanks

ThermoNukePanda

Uuuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!! I am so tired this morning. This friggin game is addicting! I was up till almost 2 AM playing it.

So anyways, World of Tanks is a free to play MMO. To simply describe it, it's an action/shooter type game that pits 15 v 15 people against each other in customizable tanks of their choice. There are a TON of tanks, but you start out in a piece of crap WWI tank from either the U.S., Russia or Germany. You have access to all three of them in the beginning and can use any one you want.

Maybe it's easier if you just check out the Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Tanks

You don't have to spend money on the game at all. Buying Gold does nothing really other than give you extra experience you can use to unlock more stuff but just playing the game itself allows that. I had no problems ranking up close to getting my tier 3 Russian tanks.

Tanks are all historically accurate and range from the 1930s to 1950s generally. There are light, medium and heavy tanks as well as tank destroyers and even artillery. One of the coolest things though is the realistic damage. I like being able to disable someone's treads to stop them dead before I start lobbing 45mm rounds at them from my Russian tank. :)

You can customize out weapons, treads, engines, radios, turrets, etc. Also you have a tank crew which gains experience as you play. There is a lot of depth to the game surprisingly.

If anyone else wants to check it out sometime (and no, I don't get anything for referrals or anything) let me know. Graphically the game is pretty good and it's definitely a lot of fun.

Coming up soon there will be a persistant war, similar to something like Chromehounds or EndWar (although I preferred Chromehounds!!!!). There will be clan wars and crazy added stuff. I definitely can wait. This game has sucked me in. :)

Here's some screenies:

worldoftanks.jpg

worldoftanks3.jpg

And yes, this is just the Tech Tree for tanks from Russia.

ussrfulleng.jpg

Don't really think of it as an MMO. As described on their homepage:

What genre does World of Tanks belong to?

World of Tanks is a huge mixture of multiple genres. First of all this is a global-scale MMO action game. Besides, there’s a combination of other genres, which are FPS, RTS, RPG, and the simulator.

I can't get enough of it. Large 15v15 battles, craploads of tanks to choose from and upgrade to, and they're constantly updating it with new maps not to mention the upcoming persistant war stuff. I'll be honest, the first starting tanks SUUUUUCK but play a few matches and you can eventually get into Tier 2 tanks and it gets much better from there. :)

Archived