Anti-Virus Software?

Bacon

So I just got a new laptop, a Sony Vaio, if anyone is interested, and I need some anti-virus software. I know there are some great free ones out there, I just don't know what they are. My mom wants me to install Norton (Ugh...) but I'm not gonna cause in my past experiences, it slows down my PC and it's not all that great. SO, what are some good anti-virus programs?

lol I use Norton and it does full system scans and disk optimizations all day, even while I play games, and it doesn't slow it down much at all. I love having a powerful computer. :D

Also it makes my bed and makes sandwiches for me and cuts the lawn. Norton is beast. XD

...yeah it is a resource hog if you don't have an uber PC because it does do a lot of stuff. I had been using AVG Free edition on my old laptop for a while and I agree that it's a pretty good antivirus for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Normally I'd totally agree with the panda bear on this one... as I use those in conjunction with CCleaner, but from what Maximum PC says, Norton has really gone to great ends to change it's image and it was one of their two highest rated anti virus softwares in their april edition shootout.

Archived