World Of Warcraft Pc Question

Siren

For Valentines Day, I bought Jason World of Warcraft since he loved the trial. He wants to buy a gaming laptop (no gaming PC!!) for it and found a couple but is looking for some other input from people who play it. It doesn't need to run on the best settings, but better than minimum. It doesn't have to be a top of the line laptop either. Just something that will run the game without crashes, etc....

Preferably around $1000 or below. Nothing over $1500 since it's only going to be used for that. (We have a netbook and that laptop above so there is no need for anything else)

@GG I think he has it running at minimum now or maybe slightly higher and it crashes once a day or every other day :lol:

Well, I found 2 pretty good options for you in that price range. This is a single core i7 SONY VAIO with 1GB of video memory which is plenty for WOW, and the other is a single core i5 Toshiba Satellite with 1GB video memory as well. Both are good options IMO and will run WOW and most other PC games just fine. Any lower models do not use dedicated graphics worth mentioning so I would say either of these are your best bet.

I dont know how long the deal will last, but you can check this out too. Seems like a good price for it, but I haven't bought a laptop in a while.

http://dealzon.com/b...ct-quad-core-i7

This will take you directly to HP. Their rebate price is $1,099.99

When you add it to your cart, input the following coupon code:

NB6347

This will net you $400 off the list price which brings it down to $849.99! Not too bad for what it is.

Here are the specs:

Operating systemGenuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

ProcessorIntel® Core™ i5-460M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz

Graphics card512MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 DDR3 switchable graphics [HDMI, VGA] -For Dual Core Processors

MemoryFREE Upgrade to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Hard drive640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Office softwareNo Additional Office Software

Security softwareFREE Upgrade to Norton Internet Security™ 2011 - 15 Month (activation required) [$29 value]

Primary battery6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard) - Up to 5.0 hours of battery life

Display17.3" diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Infinity Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)

Primary optical driveBlu-ray writer & SuperMulti DVD burner

PersonalizationHP TrueVision Webcam and Fingerprint Reader [For BrightView Infinity Display]

NetworkingIntel Wireless-N Card

KeyboardStandard Keyboard

Exactly the same computer as above, except without a Blu-Ray writing optical drive. $100 less so it's only $749.99

http://dealzon.com/d.../hp-dv7t-laptop

Click the link, it's the one in the top left of the screen. Click the "Get Deal" button which will take you to HP.

At the checkout screen enter the following coupon code:

NB747235

Bam. $749.99 for a pretty nice lappy with a good sized screen (17.3")

Archived