Rubber

spawn622

• 1 month later...

In case there was any doubt that you wanted to watch this, here's the red band trailer for it:

<br>

<br>

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It didn't feel forced to you? Sure, the opening sets it up to be any kind of crazy they wanted to make it, but that doesn't give it a free pass for me. I still wanted a good movie that was unconventional and explored new areas.

I would have liked it if Rubber hooked up with a human girlfriend. That would be unexpected and great. Or, Rubber saving a family of ducks crossing the highway and then killing the car's driver that almost ran him over. Give it a conscience. For me, it was "This will make no sense/deal with it. Here's a tire blowing up heads and some actors that play real roles and don't know they're actors. Also, there's spectators and they must be poisoned and killed so that the show can end.

What? lol

I liked it in general for it's nonsensical nature, but

it did kind of annoy me that they basically were intentionally giving the movie no purpose, to the point that it was a series of unusual events with no purpose for being, with no kind of back story, resolution, or point. But it was still fun to watch for being as odd as it was. I would have liked to see the tire do more stuff like you mentioned.

That's why I think the intro was the best part. Just the weirdness of not knowing what to expect, then seeing that car knock over every chair, stop, and a man get out of the trunk like it's just another passenger seat. Then that guy gives an epic speech to a crowd of people supposedly watching the same movie you are. Awesome.

robert worked all his life, did his job, and just got tossed in a dump, but he came back. the people doing what they're supposed to do only because folks are watching, the voyeurs judging from afar......etc, etc.

That was the best part for me. The people in the audience bickering and not able to say a few sentences to one another without getting into an argument. We're far too deep into this me-me generation. The selfishness I witness in this day in age sickens me sometimes. The movie drove home that point and nailed it good.

I had to go to Rotten Tomatoes and check their scores for the flick. I needed to know if it was just me. Looks like it's 50% for viewers, and 68% for RT.

Archived