Gamercide's Survival Minecraft Server

Dateranoth

Also wanted to update, that as of the latest version of Bukkit that I installed the world now loads from player outward on warp. So, no more 2 minute waits!

Yay that's exactly what I was thinking it needed to do. Great success!

And is that golden stuff in the club glowtone? Because if so I like the look of normal glowstone better, it goes well with diamond. My vault would look dumb with swirly gold glowstone. I'd like a higher resolution texture pack that doesn't actually change the look of the textures, just makes them more detailed.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is NOTHING compared to some ppls creations:) but i thought this might make a chuckle at least?:)

http://mgmnetlan.com...ft/screenshots/

^^^Link to the shots of largest water ladder:) ^^^

From bedrock to well the top can't build anymore (minus like 2 blocks to build platform)

But was built just because:) and well now Dat can make his "water ride" LOL enjoy

and cant forget a overview of were i have been building:)

Water%20Ladder%2003-07-11Overlay%20of%20my%20plot.png

Saladin and I built an awesome hotel near the spawn point last night. It's so everyone who doesn't have a bed can warp to it at night and sleep, assuming the day/night cycle is ever put back to normal length.

But for some reason all the wood (the main part of the building) is gone now. The dock house next to it too. As I feared could happen, I believe some @$$hole with fire came and burned it down. Is it possible to get a server rollback to bring it back, Dat? I'm not exactly sure about the time, but I think it was still fine around 10PM or 12AM Pacific. PK was the only other person on when I left, so we'll have to ask to make sure he didn't build anything major after that point.

And I don't know who built the big minecart track going down next to the hotel either.

Just checked it out. There was one Random person logged in, but I can't get in to see if they managed to change anything. Minecraft.net must be down. The server was freaking out when I checked it though. An entire region wasn't being loaded and that might be the problem. I'll look into when I can get in.

I'm pretty sure it was griefed, because everything but the wood is still there, so it can't have rolled back. The windows are still there and they were put in after the wood.

Since you were building next to it, what was the last time you were on and still saw the hotel being in normal condition, PK? It should be pretty obvious, it was either there in the background, or just some floating windows and furniture lol. Pretty much when you logged off could be the rollback point. The random must have logged in early in the morning and griefed it, I'm guessing.

so everything is gone:( NOOOO this sucks well i guess have to build it out of somthing else then?

I liked the look of it in wood. Maybe if region protection can be assigned to two people we can get just the hotel assigned to us? The only problem with that is it's close to the spawn point and it's right over the diamond tower ruins if someone wanted to build down there.

If protection isn't an option (it might prevent the use of the chests or even the beds lol), I guess we could do another material. Something like sandstone or wool. I don't care for the look of brick though.

The hotel is only a few blocks away from the track on one side, you would have noticed if it happened while you were there lol. And it wasn't a section, it was pretty much the whole thing, as well as the dock house next to it.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened. But maybe if the random somehow got a flint and tinder, such as from the community materials room, perhaps lighting a fire doesn't constitute "building" since it isn't placing or removing a block, and they were somehow able to do it.

lol. Jumped in and rode it all the way first time today! :)

I almost forgot to update you guys. The server is now locked down for new users. They will spawn in a vault that is 2 blocks thick of adminium with glowstone for light. Current location the bottom of the earth. Bottom of the Diamond Tower Blast. Regardless, new users will be directed to here if they have not been invited to the server. However, the entire point of this is so you guys can still invite your friends. They have no build permission until I give it to them, but if you wish to bring someone on and show them around all you have to do is /tpahere THEM or have them /tpa YOU . You will then be able to safely warp them out of the vault. Members will never spawn in the vault so you don't have to worry. You can still use /spawn like normal.

This is the best way I can currently control the random passerby's ( I could remove it from the list, but I don't really want to ) and still allow actual guests to come visit. If there are any problems please let me know.

Good thinking Dat. Now random strange people will stop touching our things innaporopriately.

Also theres were some invincible slimes, that were spawning. It was kinda the thing that made me and my friends stop playing (we were about to take a minecraft break anyways, but that was just the tipping point)

Like, you hit the slimes, and they divide once, and they no matter what you do they won't die and end up swarming and trapping you. Is this fixed yet or my I attempt to mine and craft in non slimy areas?

if u log out and log back in they disapear ... they spawn for that player and there is a bug that can't be killed so u just log out and log in and they disapear bc no one should be around in that chunk so they are despawned:) and bc u r actually sitting there they don't respawn:) its what i do and works 90% of time ... i have to relog couple times on some cases bc ppl are in the area:)

It must be a bug, but if it continues to be a problem I can give people having issues the /butcher command. If it's used as /butcher 5 it will kill all creatures in that radius. If that's keeping you from playing Mike let me know and I'll get you setup with it.

Server has been moved to a new host. The address hasn't changed. With the move it's currently broken map updates and the player positions. This is a pay server and I'll be testing it out for the next month. Let me know if anyone has any issues. Just to reassure everyone, I'm still backing up every 10 to 20 minutes to a Redundant RAID array. So, no worries on that. Everything else should work as normal. Please let me know if you notice a difference in lag etc.

WTH this is the shyt i lagggg sooo bad now... omg i quit *uninstalls minecraft* :LKjf;lskf;sljf ARG ... :P

j/k :)

yea sounds like a plan and i will jump on see if anybetter:) and also think bout doing mine on there as well so u might see a server run by me (and dat prolly) that will have alil more roaming i think and new map of course:) but who knows:) LOL anyways ... gj and hope this one works good:)

Archived