Gamercide's Survival Minecraft Server

Dateranoth

I updated the essentials plugin today, and aside from maps it will probably be the last plugin I will update for a while. There is a new permission plugin rolling out since the one we're using is pretty much dead ( as is often the case with these plugins ) so I'll be waiting until all the other plugins support it. However, the essentials update fixed a lot of the teleport issues and some other issues.

The biggest problem I have found is that there is a chance of dying on warp or home. I think it's usually tied to a bad warp or home location and resetting either will normally fix it. However, if you do die and really want your stuff back, log out and let me know. I can replace your inventory to what you had ~ 10 minutes before you died. However, if you wish for me to do this please note the time and date you died to make it easier to find the right inventory. ALSO, if you really want your stuff back STOP playing and notify me immediately. When I restore your old inventory your current one will be overwritten. Finally, not that I need to warn you lovely legit people, but don't try to trick me into duping for you. Logs don't lie and I'll be checking them. It's much easier just to ask me to cheat for you if that's what you want.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT - Nevermind, Dat showed me how to use the item giving command and it works for me now. I got back all the iron I lost to a server rollback, and stocked up on diamond equipment, but will refrain from using the command in the future to keep my building projects legit. Unless maybe I think of an insane project that absolutely positively must be made entirely of rare materials lol. If I do, it will be far from the spawn point.

Behold, my new vault! This will be my new essential base of operations, replacing my tower. I've already finished moving everything from the tower's chests. It's super deep underground and hidden far away from the spawn point, so it should be pretty secure.

20110226013354.png

There are 24 chests and 24 forges (whose orientation I can't control after I leave the area). The higher up chests don't have blocks directly above them so they can be opened. There were pretty much just enough chests to come up with a different material or group of materials to put in each. I did mod in the diamond blocks, iron blocks, and glowstone, but it was still a pretty big building operation. It didn't help that I changed the design partway through, either lol. At first I had lava with a layer of glass over it for the floor, but I found that this looked much better (and is perfectly safe for both players and items on the floor). It also didn't help that I hit a small pool of lava and turned it into obsidian (which of course takes forever to break) to get rid of it quickly.

Surface projects that will show up on the map I'll pretty much get materials for legit, but I wanted to have a really nice base to work with.

Now that I have enough chests, I can start hoarding, forging, and crafting to fill up my vault. lol

lol. Looks like you were pretty busy last night.

lol yep. I started around 8 and intended to finish the last two levels of Condemned afterward, but completely lost track of time and it was 11 by the time I looked at the clock lol. So I ended up continuing building then transporting all of the contents of my tower chests to it. I'd say it was around a 4 hour project. The room is 15x15, and the walls and the floor under the diamond are lined with iron (I didn't end up doing the ceiling, as the main reason for the iron lining was the lava).

The world map now only shows the signs you want it to! ( I know how some of us like our privacy :) ) Just Place [*] (bracketSTARbracket) anywhere in your sign and it will appear on the map! Beginning or end works the best!

You can see the changes live now! http://minecraft.map.gamercide.org ( I edited one of your signs to reflect for a demonstration PK. It will revert back on the next map update unless you actually change it in minecraft )

Also updated the OP with the latest Plugins/info. Enjoy everyone!

I changed texture packs once again. Fukinay.

Got it here - http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65936

128x128 HD Texture Pack by creating pre-rendered textures using. Bump Mapping and Normal Mapping. 99% of the assets in the pack, are hand drawn. The video doesn't do it justice, so check out some of the screenshots in the link.

If you decide you want to use this pack, read the instructions that come with the rar file. Also, don't delete your bin folder. Just rename it. The process will create a new bin folder for you.

It basically asks you to delete your bin folder, but you don't have to. Just right click your bin folder and rename it, for use as a backup.

It's all in the directions that come with the pack. Be sure to read them before installing. Also, very important; Make sure if you already have any texture maps loaded into your game, that you reset to default before installing this pack.

This look so sweet i will have to try it when i get home hope this time this pack has paintings LOL but otherwise DAM that looks dam sweet very kewl... although i might have to try it tmrw as have to work all day tmrw and friday and ... arg well looks somtime but always monday can install and try it:) LOL

Just spent the better part of 2 hours tweaking a command list for the new help plugin. Check out /help now. It will only show commands that are available to you now and is listed in different groups. Much cleaner and useable now. It does however truncate the descriptions currently. Hopefully an update will come out soon. For now, if you need to see the full command description use:

/help search [command name]

Archived