Gamercide's Survival Minecraft Server

Dateranoth

Due to lack of use the server has been taken down permanently.

You can download the last full backup here: Full Server Backup

Click Here for World Map- This is a google maps style map of the Minecraft world. It is updated twice a day and player positions are updated every 5 minutes. Also can reflect player Signs! Place [*] (bracketSTARbracket) anywhere in your sign and it will appear on the map!

From here on out I will keep all status updates and changes to Gamercide's Minecraft Server here. The above shows the IP and online/offline status of the server. If you ever forget the IP or want to know if it's live just come here.

Rules:

1.>The server is private. Any member may invite a guest to explore, but currently I must give build permission. Once I have given you permission you can modify the world.

2.>The SMP world is endless. DO NOT destroy, modify, or build near other players homes/sites without their permission.

3.>Be friendly and share. We have a community building with chests for sharing material. Need something? Take it. Have extra? Share it.

4.>Have fun and invite your friends!

Current Server Admin Software:

Bukkit

Bukkit Plugins:

These are for moderation Aesthetic Purposes Only. No User Input

Permissions - Group Permssions Support. For server moderation only. //Moving to GroupManager soon.

WorldEdit - Needed for WorldGuard. Also used for cleanup and moderation.

WorldGuard - Use it for Region protection, some moderation tools, and to Nerfs Creepers and TNT

Anti-Build (Part of Permissions now) - Using Permissions Mod to restrict building to certain users or groups. Guests cannot build.

iChat - Gives the option to include chat colors and prefixes. Used for Group colors.

properTime - Manage the day/night Cycle. Days are roughly 25 minutes long and nights are roughly 4.

MapMarkers - Updates Player positions on the World Map.

GuestPrev - Another guest antigrief mod that I'm currently testing. May replace the lockout room and allow guests to explore once again.

These have user options. Refer to the link or /help in game for more information.

Essentials - General commands. Long list. /help for more info.

LWC Inventory Protection - Allows Chests to be protected per user or password. Keeps your stuff safe. Type /LWC for more info

MyWarp - Allows for Public and Private Player Warps. Type /warp help for more info

GodMode (Part of Essentials now ) Don't like Survival? Play God instead. /godmode toggle god mode.

Help - Smart /help menu. /help to display the menu

Commands/Help:

You can find a list of available commands by typing /help in game. Further details and shortcuts to common commands can be found in the links to the mods above. Be sure to check out the chest protection commands and player waypoint commands.

Help keep the server running! All donations go directly towards paying for the server via clanpay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll update the main post tomorrow, but we're live again. Running Bukkit. The only thing that successfully transferred over was Chest protection. All your chests should have the same protection as before. There is a waypoint system, but I haven't migrated the old ones yet. Everything else should be good to go. Just type /help for more info.

BTW: Connection Details:

minecraft.gamercide.org

is the new address for connecting to the server. You can still use the old gcminecraft.selfip.com if the one above doesn't work. It may take some time to propagate across the dns. It's working here for me now though.

• 3 weeks later...

Done PK. I had some reports of issues over night and today. I'm not 100% sure what it is, but the huge addition to the map probably added something to it. When the map is generated, especially with that much new land it puts a pretty big strain on the server.

Here is a list of what the update added and fixed:

Minecraft Beta 1.3

* Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)

* Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button

* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning

* Added three new half-size blocks

* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks

* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”

* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)

* It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves

* Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen

* Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors

* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!

We need to make BEDS! That sounds like an awesome new feature. Unless we just have someone set the time to day whenever it turns to night like Kog did lol.

I looked it up and beds are crafted by placing 3 planks on the bottom row and 3 wool in the middle row.

*sigh* This is gonna cause all sorts of problems.

I will have the server back up when I can. It's changing the map layout. So it will likely be tomorrow before I get it all fixed. I have to say. Supporting a beta server is a real pia. I hope he figures out a direction and keeps it sometime soon.

Fukinay single player is laggy as F**K. Never mind that I can run many games almost fully maxed out on my PC. Heaven forbid I try and run Minecraft and it's new tweaks, though.

Every time I get back into the damn game and start enjoying myself, he changes it up again, and introduces new problems. *shakes old man fist*

*sigh* Anyone want to take up the torch on this? I'm getting really close to losing interest. Every damn thing about it is frustratingly large amounts of work to keep up with. AND, everything is working again. Except the map. Still waiting on the updates.

I think I can speak for all of us that use the server in saying that we really appreciate your hard work. I can't even play single player after playing on the Gamercide server with all the conveniences like warping and god mode, unless I maybe patch the hell out of my own Minecraft files. And even then, what point is there in building if you can't show off your work? :P

If it gets overwhelming, you could definitely take a break from it for a while. I don't have any major building projects going on, just exploring, gathering materials, and trying to find a place to build and an idea of what to build at the moment. lol

Archived