GoG: DAAAAAAMMMMNN YOOOUUU!

ThermoNukePanda

You will not regret it, it's such a great game. I highly recommend getting this mod to allow you to play it in modern resolutions: http://www.gibberlin...et/widescreen/.

So what class are you going to play? Last time I played and finally beat the game, my main character was a Totemic Druid (a Werewolf). Basically just a badass killing machine, with a few basic druidic healing and buffing spells when in human form. The way the game works, you basically have to make the main character a tank, since one death from him instantly ends the game without giving you the chance to resurrect. Playing a mage as your main character is brutal, so I just get two or three mage/cleric/combo companions instead.

There is also a really amazing mod for the first Baldur's Gate that makes it run with the Baldur's Gate II engine, but I forgot what it's called. I basically played my same werewolf character through both games and expansions.

I really need to play Planescape: Torment someday, I've heard great things about it, and that the story is even better than Baldur's Gate's. Maybe Icewind Dale too, if I feel the need for some more D&D style combat.

Archived