The Annual Gamercide.org Giveaway

Siren

Really? Only about 10? Come on, everyone should enter as a contestant!

I think some people are trying to make a point because I made it public, but I could care less. They are the ones that won't be winning the awesome prizes we have so far and let me tell you....they are HUGE!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't signed up as a contestant, mainly because I don't feel right being one. I will however be donating a few prizes. I can't wait to see what we are able to do for our members here. This is the type of thing that makes me feel proud to keep this place going for everyone. I don't think we can thank Siren enough for heading this up.

I will be updating this later with a list of names that I have for contestants so far. If you sent me your name and you do not see it on the list, please let me know. Remember....you only have until the 22nd to get your entries to me. The same with donations. There will be NO exceptions.

Aside from the other things I've entered, I may have one last thing to enter, but I'm not sure. Got Dragon Age Ultimate on Steam for probably less than it would have cost me to buy the remaining DLC for my 360 version. I have all the available achievements for the game with the DLC I do have, so I might enter a Dragon Age with Awakening combo alongside the other things. Not sure though, I do have my characters (which have either beaten everything and I'll never use again, or have barely been started) on it. lol

Trade in price would probably be pitiful, like $10-15 anyways.

The 22nd is the last chance to inform you of what we're entering? My only real concern is shipping price, but as long as it's in the US I guess it wouldn't be too bad. I just want to know if there will be a lot of people in the contest so far. Are there more, or is it still just around 10 people?

More will be signing up, or we just won't hold it anymore. Ten people could easily just trade games etc.

Yeah 10 would be pretty much too small. If I enter all my things, that's like 4 games, so that would already be nearly half the people, not even including every other prize entered. lol

Sad to see our forum somewhat dwindling, I guess it is a good idea that Siren's making the contest public, assuming we get more people. Guess we could start streaming on our JTV and advertising it more. I could when I play FEAR at night (fixed the issue, the game just hated my Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse, I can still use them but have to disable some stuff (HIDs in Device Manager) for the game to not do the slowdown.)

The main condition for entry, I think should just be that they become an active member, at least for a while, or else.

Do it Kev! Stream to JTV and push our forums. Putting the word out there is the only way we'll attact new members. Also, we need to start up some game times again. Especially with all these steam games everyone bought. There are a number of good multiplayer games that were picked up.

Definitely Dat. Chris, Captain Concussion, KayJKay, and I all got Neverwinter Nights 2 and are hoping to get a big party going. I voted we all be different elemental races so we can summon Captain Planet. lol FEAR2 multiplayer also might be fun, and a good number of us on Steam have Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 1/2, which I would definitely like to play with some people when I get into them.

And I guess I may as well stream FEAR 1 and advertise then. Usually I play from 8 or 9PM to 12 or 1AM pacific. Much more watchable now without me having to restart the game every 10-15 minutes lol.

I'm still not too sure of what I'm donating, but I'm almost positive I will be donating something.

And Kevin, you're right. It is sad. I know I'm not as active as I used to be, but my life has gotten pretty busy. I'm trying to post more because all of y'all mean so much to me. We've all been through a lot, and we all mean so much to each other.

I don't think I'll be able to stream it with my moderate internet connection, to stream and play MP simultaneously, but Chris or his brother probably could. Honestly I have no idea when this will take place. I'm completely incapable of deciding on a class because there are so many choices, the only thing I kind of decided is that I'll be the air elemental. I'm thinking pure Druid, so at max levels I can turn into dragons and crazy stuff, but the air elemental's -2 Wisdom kind of messes that up (need ALOT of Wisdom for Dragon Shape). Maybe I'll try making him a DPS rogue like when I played that free trial of that D&D MMO, that was fun. Suits the element too, blades whirling like the wind etc.

We should make a thread about this to prevent derailing the Giveaway thread:

http://www.gamercide...inter-nights-2/

Archived