Paranormal Activity 2

Twiztid Rose

Reviews on this one are mixed. Most that liked the first one, liked this one. Most that didn't like the first one, didn't like this one. My gut feeling is, it can't be any worse. Guess I'm just tired of the whole "found footage" genre that Blair Witch kicked off. <shrugs>

The wife wants to see it, so I'll take her. Probably tomorrow.

Just need to psyche yourself out about it. Those shadows in the corner? Could that be something? Was that noise just the wind or something more? Is that a glowing eye or just a reflection of some electronic device? Was that the whisper of death that woke you in the middle of the night or just a bad dream? Are you sure the room was empty when you go to bed or is there something there? Are the shadows in the corner of your vision just an illusion or something that wishes to hid from your view?

Go watch them, then start to bed while thinking of what could lie around the corner. Movie may suck, but the effects you allow are what make it worth it.

I had quite a few issues with the first one and this one was no different. I did however like them delving further in to the story from the first one and giving a somewhat heavy handed explanation. If you do go see this one and liked the first one, it won't disappoint you. If you didn't care for the first one, then only the last 15 minutes of this one will interest you.

Maybe I'll have to just make a deal with Shane. He wants to see Jackass 3D, I wanna see this. They may both be stupid in the end lol. The thing that bugs me is in the first one, all the good parts in the movie were shown in commercials, so there was nothing else to see. Is it atleast better than that? Or are all the scary parts shown in commercials?

Dateranoth- I do all of that anyways lol. I get myself all freaked out watching Ghost Hunters every week lol. I've actually been telling myself lately that I didnt see what I thought I did. I've seen things in this apartment that made me question what I just saw several times.

Dateranoth- I do all of that anyways lol. I get myself all freaked out watching Ghost Hunters every week lol. I've actually been telling myself lately that I didnt see what I thought I did. I've seen things in this apartment that made me question what I just saw several times.

That's the funniest part about it to me. I didn't much care for Paranormal Activity or many scary movies for that matter. They are usually predictible and not very scary. I end up being more creeped out by my brain being stuck on those supernatural ideas and thus making up stuff that isn't there. Games actually scare me far more than any movie can. I get so engrossed that it's really just sad how jumpy I get.

The thing about both of these movies wasn't really the "scare" factor. It's more of the uneasy feeling and anticipation of what is going to happen. I despised the first one until the very very end (Don't want to spoil it for anyone). This one had me absolutely hooked with the story in the last 10 to 20 minutes. None of the big jump scares got me, but the story got to be really good. And they did it again in the very last 2 or 3 minutes. Overall they aren't bad movies, they just take too long to get to the pay off. They need better pacing.

Games actually scare me far more than any movie can. I get so engrossed that it's really just sad how jumpy I get.

So true! Games can and do freak me out sometimes, and I jump like mad. It goes from watching it on a screen with a movie, to almost living in it with a game. I love it! Being scared is for me like roller coasters are to others. I love walking through a good Haunted House, what better than in a game!!

I never watched Paranormal Activity but I did watch the original movie it was based on. It's called "REC" .. it was good if you don't mind sitting through subtitles (sometimes I'm not in the mood) and the sequel "REC 2" is supposed to start off exactly where "REC" left off.

Dead Space

One of the scariest and most tense games I've ever played. Loved every second of it honestly. :)

Another freaktastic game was Condemned: Criminal Origins. Very spooky, and I still get freaked out thinking about that abadoned mannequin factory.

I never watched Paranormal Activity but I did watch the original movie it was based on. It's called "REC" .. it was good if you don't mind sitting through subtitles (sometimes I'm not in the mood) and the sequel "REC 2" is supposed to start off exactly where "REC" left off.

I thought Quarantine was the American version of REC.

I was just about to mention this after watching most of Rec. I did like Quarantine, so I'll check out Rec 2 since it's supposed to start right after Rec/Quarantine.

Also, I really want to see Paranormal Activity 2. I remember watching the first one and was pissed because everybody in the movie theater thought it was a comedy (hurr) and laughed at all the "scary" moment. That **** pissed me off.

Archived