[Review] – Super Meat Boy

Gamercide

Super-Meat-Boy.jpg

Developed by:  Team Meat

Players:  1

Platforms: XBLA, (Windows, Mac, and Wiiware coming in November)

Rated T (Teen) by the ESRB

Team Meat

You are Meat Boy. You love Bandage Girl and she loves you. Nobody likes Dr. Fetus and that pisses him off. He steals Bandage Girl and it is your job to save her. This is a simple premise that leads to one of the most perfect platform games in, not just recent, but in all of gaming history.  At an introductory price of $10, this is the best game money can buy. This reviewer hasn’t played a game in recent memory that has hit every mark that I had set for it in my mind. And in most cases it well exceeded my expectations.

View the full review

Great review, Spawn! I was highly considering getting this, but now it's almost certain. The only thing I think is missing from it is a level editor. The PC version will have a level editor "within 6 months of release" (lol), but I don't see why the console version can't have one when N+ did.

I was sort of interested in this game but it fell off the radar pretty quick. Great review and I'll certainly go check it out the demo and keep an eye on it when it goes on sale .. in like, 2 years.

It's already on sale man. In November the price will go up to $15 (1200 MS Points). Go help out Team Meat and buy it. What are you waiting on? GO GET IT!!

I'm waiting on a higher income for myself .. that's it. I have enough stuff to keep me occupied and I did treat myself to the Playstation Move, so aside from a few things like Netflix, Gamefly and beer money (most important of them all) I made a promise to myself that there will be no unnecessary purchases. I'm not trying to play the martyr here and I don't have it nearly as bad as most people .. I'm just trying to be happy and content with what I have and safe money where I can.

After reading your review Spawn I promise you I will by this game and if a year goes by and I still haven't purchased it yet all of you have my permission to internet B**ch slap me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too far into the game. I never get a chance to play it, because my four year old is always hogging my 360 playing it. He got two achievements and unlocked an avatar award for me though, lol. I think he is at the boss in the Forest World.

• 1 month later...

At $3.75 on Steam right now I think I'm going to buy this game a second time. It has enough different characters and content, and the level editor sounds like it will be awesome when it comes out. The only problem is I don't have a wired Xbox 360 controller or wireless receiver yet, so I'll have to figure out how to play this game on the keyboard. lol