Gamercide Live Streaming Portal

Dateranoth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The portal is getting very close to completion, but it is woefully underpopulated with video content. Anyone and everyone who's signed up please upload some of those clips. I know you've been streaming Kevin. Have you been recording the clips? If so, you should upload them to your account so they will show up on the portal. Same goes for anyone. If you sign up with the gc_name then upload whatever content you have. With the Dyyno Broadcaster you can upload pretty much any video you have. So, if you have gaming videos get them up and support our portal.

When it goes live I'm going to do my best to get back to streaming regularly. I have a stack of games that need to be played, and I intend to play and stream them all.

I have four uploaded. I stopped uploading them, after my sound got fubar'd. I think I only have one that has audio that isn't terrible. lol

Once I fix audio for streaming, it gets jacked up in something else. Like Vent or Steam. So I don't know if I want to fix it or not. It's just becoming a major hassle. I don't mind streaming without audio. I just don't know if anyone would want to watch. lol

Portal is live! To all you registered users out there stream away:

In a few more days the registration process should be up so we can invite other people to join and stream to our portal.

We are still doing some minor tweaks, which will be done by tomorrow but it won't affect the portal in any major way. Registration, Voting, and Popular List features will be ready within the next 3-4 days and will be added to the portal.

I'm going to do my best to stream to it tonight! I'm sadly going out of town this weekend, so a full kickoff may have to wait one more week, but it is finally live. Woohoo!

I'm still working with them to iron out the bugs, but things are improving. Hopefully they'll get the registration process up soon. They seem to underestimate their time frames, but they are working hard to get things right for us. I'll keep everyone posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the time has finally come. There will be more improvements, but at least now the registration process is up. You can now invite people to the portal and they can register and participate. I still have them working on the chat, but it will be a couple more weeks before we see any major changes. Now that the registration is up I will be putting more effort towards streaming regularly.

• 2 months later...

Well. Dyyno was a pretty massive failure. Regardless of what I may have wanted it to be. So, I've been working today on an alternate solution. I'm testing it out, and I think it will work for us. It's just a simple page that links to JTV user accounts. Click the title to open the stream in the same page.

http://dateranoth.com/files/streamtest/

Very cool, Dat. I'll have to start streaming to my account some more. One hurdle I've run into with a few games (including Overlord) is that they don't have options to run in windowed mode, and I can't find any config file or launch option command line techniques via Google to make them do it. If I get an HDMI to HDMI cable I could use my TV as a second screen, though, and put the chat on it, provided it's clear enough.

I couldn't get it to work, but I did finally find a windowed option for Overlord in the configuration utility. It's one of those retarded options where you select "windowed" from the resolution drop down box, and can't actually pick the resolution of the window it will run in, like Starcraft II. At least OL lets you resize the window, but I haven't tried it out yet to see if the proportions get messed up or not.

A windowed option with the ability to pick your resolution should be standard in games these days, I don't get why so many don't do it right.

So now we should just redirect the "LIVE STREAMING" link at the main page to this new one, once you get it all set up. All it maybe really needs is the color scheme with the reaper and site name up top so it looks like it's part of the same page, and maybe edit the order so the GC channel is listed first.

I like it. I changed the "Live Streaming" link to head to that page for now. I'll work on getting the header to be the same as the rest of the pages when I can. I do however like the logo with the "Live from JTV", so I may not change it. Not really sure yet. At the very least we'll center everything and try to add the Home, Forum, Staff, etc links.

Also did a little tweaking to the PHP file, Dat. The header now redirects you back to the main Gamercide page within the same window.

Once again with anything with JTV embeddings, I'm getting the funky redirection issues. If I click on one of the users, it takes me to the Over 18 verification page, then, after I click past that, a page where the chat fills the entire window, with no video player.

JTV has way too many scripts, I only have the ones essential to make it run so I don't get all the advertising/tracking scripts, but I have all of the scripts on the Live Streaming page enabled.

The best I can figure is it's the verification. As soon as your browser has cached the Over 18 check it won't happen again. No way around it that I can see. Also spawn, I've been tweaking some more on my page, so remind me if I miss your change. My new tweaks aren't ready for implementation quite yet, but I'm getting close.

You can sample them here:

http://dateranoth.com/files/streamtest

I'm trying to implement a viewer count that automatically refreshes every so often. Not sure if it's ready yet or not. My web page skills are pretty shoddy and my PHP skills aren't that hot either. So, Piecing this together. So far so good though.

The best I can figure is it's the verification. As soon as your browser has cached the Over 18 check it won't happen again. No way around it that I can see. Also spawn, I've been tweaking some more on my page, so remind me if I miss your change. My new tweaks aren't ready for implementation quite yet, but I'm getting close.

You can sample them here:

http://dateranoth.com/files/streamtest

I created a "Backup Files" folder on the FTP so we would be able to roll back if any changes to the PHP I made. I've also got them here on my work PC, just in case. Just let me know when you're done and we'll see if any more changes from my side need to be made. After that, I'll do an on demand complete backup of the site (Outside of our daily ones) and save it down to my work PC, my thumbdrive, and my home file server. And yes, I am a big believer in overkill versus losing everything again. :D

Archived