Gamercide Live Streaming Portal

Dateranoth

Dyyno didn't work out for us, so I've put together something a little different. It's all JTV based. It can be accessed from the main http://www.gamercide.org page or directly

http://www.gamercide.org/live

Not really a spoiler, just the old post info:

Ok, our own streaming portal will be going live in the next week or so. Everything is in order and I should have the contract in the mail by tomorrow. Read the feedback thread for the original information.

http://www.gamercide...-stream-portal/

Anyhow, long story short. We are going to be getting our own streaming portal through http://www.dyyno.com . It will have a main page that shows all active streamers, archived footage, scheduled replays, etc. Then each user will have their own streaming page where they can stream their own content, upload video clips, and chat with their viewers. Finally it will have a page to register. Everyone will be required to register to chat, and if they choose, stream.

They will be starting design of the portal in the next few days, and with luck, it will be ready by Monday or Tuesday of next week. The dyyno caster is incredibly easy to use, and I will be working on a step by step guide in the near future. If you have ever wanted to cast PC games then this is the time, and if you have a capture card then consoles are just a few more steps away.

This entire process will be largely ad supported. So, if the site doesn't draw enough viewers then dyyno may pull the service they are providing us. I suspect we will have a long time to set in a viewer base, but I really really want this to succeed. It could be very big for us, and nice to have our very own place to go and enjoy gaming together.

So, what I'm asking of EVERYONE is pretty simple. First, goto http://www.dyyno.com and register and account using this prefix: gc_ . My account name is gc_dateranoth . This will get you preregistered and setup for the portal when it goes live. The username and password will transfer to our portal and you'll be set to go from launch. Please register even if you don't plan on casting. You'll be able to chat there and our userbase will be started. The gc_ prefix is for simplicity in database transfer, and plus it shows your colors :) .

The next thing I will ask is to start talking up other people you know who are streaming and looking for an alternative to what's there now. If they are interested they can create an account now the the prefix gc_ and will be transferred over, or you can refer them once the portal goes live. On top of which I NEED people to be ready to stream when the site goes live. The more activity the better. Even an hour or so a day is better than nothing, and remember, java games, majong, whatever, they're all games. So, use the simple application and stream!

Very sorry for the wall of text, but I am very excited to have our own solution and an alternative to JTV. Finally, I'd like to clarify a few last questions people had. The ads will continue, and will still have preroll ads, but they will be very similar to Xfire.com if not the same. There will be a message stating, bla bla bla keeps this free, watch now or wait 15 seconds (first load) or 15 to 30 minutes afterwards. These will roll for 15 seconds to a max of 30 seconds. The chat will be better than the current basic chat and log in will be required. It also will appear beside the stream.

Lastly, I learned just today that all these streams will also appear on the Roku box in the Dyyno channel. So, if you have a box, and want to watch us stream or know people who do, they can watch our channels from the Roku box!

Any more questions or comments, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

:EDIT:

For those who wish to upload videos. Create a dyyno account as per above, and download the broadcaster. Start it up and then:

Instructions on Upload

Just click the upload button, then select the video.

After, click show advanced options.

Then move all the sliders all the way to the right. This will max the video quality settings out.

(The bitrate slider will affect overall size. So, if you want to decrease the size of the file you're uploading then decrease it some. Having the slider maxed can produce some large files.)

Then just hit upload. Dyyno will locally reencode the videos if necessary and then upload them to your account.

After it's finished it will give you a link to the local reencoded video on your hard drive which you can delete or save, and a link to your video account management.

Follow that link and it will take you to the video on your account. Rename it and set the description to what you want, and then move it to VOD. It will now be available for anyone to view on demand. Once the portal goes live in a week or so all will be transferred.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens if we were messing around and had our own name set up already? Will it let me re-register with the same email address to so I can be gc_CoyAndChris?

yeah. Didn't give me any problems when I did it. I had dateranoth and reregistered with gc_dateranoth without issue on the same email.

Ok guys, contract is in the mail, and the portal should start being designed by the end of this week or beginning of next.

I have one more request from everyone, especially those who plan to stream and take an active roll with the new streaming portal. Using the gc_ account you created, and the dyyno broadcaster, start uploading any and all clips, replays, etc of games you have. The more we get up, the more populated the site will be when it goes live. Once it's uploaded you have to move it to VOD. Anyone that needs help just say and I'll write up a detailed walkthrough of how to do it. ( It's pretty easy ).

Thanks again! Lets hope this works well for us.

Ok guys, contract is in the mail, and the portal should start being designed by the end of this week or beginning of next.

I have one more request from everyone, especially those who plan to stream and take an active roll with the new streaming portal. Using the gc_ account you created, and the dyyno broadcaster, start uploading any and all clips, replays, etc of games you have. The more we get up, the more populated the site will be when it goes live. Once it's uploaded you have to move it to VOD. Anyone that needs help just say and I'll write up a detailed walkthrough of how to do it. ( It's pretty easy ).

Thanks again! Lets hope this works well for us.

Do these clips need to be from the gameplay we stream? If not, I have plenty of ridiculous clips for something I'm working on.

Do these clips need to be from the gameplay we stream? If not, I have plenty of ridiculous clips for something I'm working on.

They don't have to be from gameplay you stream. Though it needs to be your content or content that isn't protected by any copyrights. If you want to upload all the videos of you owning in MW2 then by all means do so.

Instructions on Upload

Then move all the sliders all the way to the right. This will max the video quality settings out.

Then just hit upload. Dyyno will locally reencode the videos if necessary and then upload them to your account.

After it's finished it will give you a link to the local reencoded video on your hard drive which you can delete or save, and a link to your video account management.

Follow that link and it will take you to the video on your account. Rename it and set the description to what you want, and then move it to VOD. It will now be available for anyone to view on demand. Once the portal goes live in a week or so all will be transferred.

They don't have to be from gameplay you stream. Though it needs to be your content or content that isn't protected by any copyrights. If you want to upload all the videos of you owning in MW2 then by all means do so.

Instructions on Upload

Sounds good to me.

Even if I can't always be streaming, I will have videos to put up. Looks like I'll have to upload them to youtube and dyyno now.

Sounds good to me.

Even if I can't always be streaming, I will have videos to put up. Looks like I'll have to upload them to youtube and dyyno now.

Cool. Also, the bitrate slider will affect overall size. So, if you want to decrease the size of the file you're uploading then decrease it some. 1500kbps or so should do.

Will the broadcaster be different from the Dyyno one? I want to start streaming there, I really do...But it's almost impossible for me

Nope. It will still use the dyyno broadcaster. I can finish walking you through the process if you want. The window salesman was here a lot longer than I anticipated last week so I didn't make it back as soon as I thought I would.

We got him a lot closer to being able to stream there. Going to work on it some more tomorrow.

Good news from Dyyno:

Your gamers will not face any problem related to bandwidth and they can stream HD quality video as long as they have the desired uplink. They can choose the right video setting based on their bandwidth.

So, bandwidth and HD videos shouldn't be a problem for us once the portal goes live.

More info:

For the chat, we are going to use Facebook and Twitter chat and not the Dyyno chat. If viewers want to use the Facebook chat then they will need to login using their Facebook login credentials and if they want to use Twitter, then they will need to use their Twitter login credentials. This FB/Twitter chat is for the page so even if viewers click on another video or refresh the page, they will still see the same message and will be logged in until they sign out.

Another update. They seem to have updated the user pages. Including the Video manager. It also now lists embed code for each video and a scheduling feature.<BR>http://dyyno.com/manage<BR>

<iframe name="dyynoVideoFrame" src="http://www.dyyno.com/player/?channel=gc_dateranoth&vod=3780&autostart=false" width="100%" height="640" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The setup was super easy and I managed to get my system to stream some pretty decent video considering I don't have that fast of an internet connection. Thanks for the help, Dat.

Anyone want to watch me play blurry Beat Hazard sometime? lol I could take song requests if it's in advance.

Another update. Even though I haven't received a reply from the email, it would seem the gc_ accounts have been upgraded already. So, anyone using them should be able to broadcast up to 3mbps. More news as it comes. Hopefully things will be ready for launch soon.

Where are the Gamericde ladies at? It's super easy to stream with Dyyno, specially cam or PC games (WoW/Avahra). Don't even need a super computer.

What about it ladies? Are we going to have at least one female casting in our new portal when it goes up? You'll most definitely have more fans than any of us guys streaming. It's just the way it is. lol

Where are the Gamericde ladies at? It's super easy to stream with Dyyno, specially cam or PC games (WoW/Avahra). Don't even need a super computer.

What about it ladies? Are we going to have at least one female casting in our new portal when it goes up? You'll most definitely have more fans than any of us guys streaming. It's just the way it is. lol

I don't think we need my drunkface to be the face of the gamercide ladies.

We may have to put it to a vote. >)

If you'd watch a "Drinkin' With Mandy" live show... say something. lol

Mandy, it doesn't have to be about drinking. It could be you pointing your webcam at your TV while you play Reach (I know you're hooked).

Lawls I am so hooked. Reach rekindled my love for my xbox that I had been lacking since moving from Chapel Hill. <3 Bungie.

Archived