Gamercide Live Streaming Portal

Dateranoth

Don't blame you a bit. I haven't spent a great deal of time on this, but enough that it would be pretty discouraging to have to do over. I'm pretty backed up myself on all this. Very glad to know Gamercide is safe as a whole :) .

One of my favorite parts of the script I've setup thus far is the ability to directly link to a caster.

http://gamercide.org/live/index.php?action=link&user=gamercide

Will always take you to our live page with gamercide stream showing. Changing the name to whoever will bring them up on our page as well. You can watch any JTV cast from our page simply by plugging in their name after user= . If I can get this viewer count working I think I'll be happy. BTW, you might want to keep an eye on cpu usage on the server. I'm trying to keep things clean, but there is a good chance I might be making PHP do some stupid loop or something that eats cycles.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not finished yet, but I did spend the day tweaking on this. I still need to find a way to make the viewer count auto refresh. Along with the streams themselves. Currently the page must be manually refreshed to check for any broadcasts since you last opened it. Mostly just style improvements today.

Everything has been updated at:

http://www.gamercide.org/live

Also, if you'd like to be added to the list let me know and I'll get you added.

More style improvements. That and I have the viewer count working, kinda. It's not as accurate as JTV's and only updates every 60 seconds but it's close. Best news is, I've fixed the redirect problem. Kevin, let me know if you have any more problems with it.

Nah it looks and works great now, very nice work, Dat. I daresay it may be better to watch streams in your page than JTV (since you can load up any channel by typing the user name in) simply for the fact that it's cleaner, and has a darker (and therefore less distracting) background color.

One tiny little detail that isn't even really a problem though, the link under the stream, that says "Watch live video from [username] on Justin.tv" that links to the JTV page for the channel, is very small, making the text hard to read. Could just be my large resolution though.

I messed around with it a little and didn't have any redirection problems, and they usually happen right away for me, so it should be good.

Ok. Managed to get some more updates rolled out today. I've almost fully mimicked the JTV user pages. When you load a cast you will now see the individual layouts, font, colors, etc that was chosen on the casters JTV account. I also added the about section so we could see rules, etc. The last big thing I managed to get done today was a dual stream feature. It's just the underlying workings of it, so you have to manually enter the second stream, but it is pretty nice if you have the resolution and want to watch/chat in two channels. I thought it would be nice for dual casting of the same game. Here's the code needed to see it. Hopefully I'll have a more user friendly method before too long.

http://gamercide.org/live/index.php?action=link&user=ebildustbunny&user2=earwaxface

You can use this for any two channels simply by changing the name after user= and user2=

I have a few more visual improvements/tweaks to stamp out, but after that I will be attempting to add a small online list that will sit beside the chat or stream to display who is currently onine. In a name format only. Anyhow, I'm rambling. Gnight.

Archived