Mafia II

boxart.jpg

Developed by: 2K Czech

Published by: 2K Games

Platform: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC

Players: 1

ESRB rating: M 17+

The Breakdown

You’re Vito Scaletta. You find yourself back home in Empire Bay, after getting injured in World War II. Once back home, you realize some things have changed, while others haven’t. Your Mother and Sister haven’t changed one bit. However, your best friend from childhood, Joe Barbaro, most certainly has. Joe has a few things to show you, and you too will change after being introduced into the seedy underbelly of his newfound, Costa Nostra (mafia) world.

Home.jpg

Head over to the main site to check out the full review.

It's a definite rent. If you're able to rent, do it. It's a really good game. You won't be sorry you did.

If it does get MP down the road, though, I'd consider buying it. I'm going to reload a chapter tonight, and explore the game world. So many places don't get touched on in the missions. It'd be perfect in free roam.

Please, please, 2k Czech! Open up your game to the fans. Love you forever, if you do.

Very good review but I must ask about the rental suggestion. I would be getting this on pc and except for onlive rental is not an option. However, the game is 10 dollars cheaper. So, is it a feeling of lack of game time or lack of multiplayer or both that brought on the rental suggestion? The lack of multiplayer doesnt concern me at all, but the dollar per gamehour may be a little high.

On the other hand, 15 hours is pretty close to average gametime for a linear game.

Rental suggestion comes from my frugality. Beyond the first playthrough, there's not really a reason to play it again. You know what happens in the game.

The times I listed, depends on if you hunt for the collectibles in the game or not. If you do decide to do another run with the difficulty raised or lowered, it would add more time to your playtime.

One thing I neglected to add into my review is, when you're playing the game, you're not thinking the game is short at all. It's when it's over you were wishing there was more. I'm really looking forward to the DLC that's coming out for this game.

To fully answer your question, though... this game screams for multiplayer. Can you imagine you and your friends forming your own mafia and taking down a rival family across town? Could even just be AI you're up against. It'd still be great. So yeah, a bit of both.

One thing I neglected to add into my review is, when you're playing the game, you're not thinking the game is short at all. It's when it's over you were wishing there was more. I'm really looking forward to the DLC that's coming out for this game.

That's pretty much what I was looking for. Multiplayer would be great, but it would seem the single player is going to be enough to warrant buying it. I'll be getting a BB gift card soon, and I'll pick it up then.

Man, I really want this game but I don't want to fork over 60$ and I don't usually rent games cause I can't sit down and play a game straight for like 5 hours. I play one hour like here and there so I couldn't do like a two day rental.

Archived