Perfect Dark

Teh_Magrant 141

Hey Guys, its been awhile since I was last on here, and in that time some new XBLA games showed up. The new Game Room is a cool new download, but i'm not here to talk about that. I'm here to talk about the N64 port remake of "Perfect Dark".

This game came out as part of the XBLA block party event. There were also codes that gave you free avatar items such as :A BBQ gril, and Bing T-shirts (one for male avatars, and one for female avatars). Ill post those later.

Perfect Dark for the N64 was an awesome game... but without the expansion pack, you were limited to just the challenges and local multiplayer. If you had the expansion pack, you saw better graphics(that did not slow the game down as compared to Duke Nukem for the N64) a story more with a walkable headquarters.

But now Perfect Dark just got a facelift. The New Xbox Live Arcade version includes everything from the N64 version, but with new up to date graphics, a "Counter opperative" mode, and "Online Multiplayer" mode.

So far I am liking the remake alot, but I really dont see ppl online much, What are your opinions on this game?perfect_dark_wallpaper.jpg

Love the single player, but a lot of the times there aren't to many people playing online, and online is just more frustrating in this then playing split screen(because of the impossible spawn situations, like your enemy spawns near a Dragon while you spawn in clear sight to far away to grab it, no way at all to get out of that).

I've been playing it consistently at my buddies house on Fridays. We usually set up my xbox and do some 3-player split screen. I have to admit, it's a good feeling to play this game like that, it takes me back to the old days before Xbox Live. I'm definitely enjoying my time with the game, even if others are monopolizing my time. I think Rare handled the port well. It looks good (Way better than the N64 version), runs smooth, has online play, and still maintains it's nostalgic charm....Now if only they would get to work on that Killer Instinct port....