Lost *Spoilers*

Elite Effect (Jon)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on tonite's episode?

I really liked knowing more about Jacob, and his brother. Revealing who the "Adam and Eve" skeletons were from the early episodes in the series was pretty cool. Also, apparently, Jacob throwing his brother down in the light, turned him into the smoke. That was nice to know, I always wondered how he became the smoke monster. A lot of my questions were answered in tonite's episode. I really enjoyed it.

Only question that's really sticking with me, is what is the lights purpose? Jacob's "mother" said it was worse than death, and it kept the island alive, and safe. Well, I say bullshit. Jacob's brother gets kick *** powers, going into the light can't be that bad.....Lol.

Also, why has Jacob's brother not been named yet? I mean c'mon...

So did anyone catch Sayid's last words a few weeks back? He told Jack, "It's going to be you.", which I think means that Jack will become the next "protector of the Island" in Jacob's place.

Also, what if the smoke monster isn't the man in black at all? They never show the man himself turning smokey besides off screen right after he goes in the well (but they didn't actually show HIM becoming the monster), just the Locke body that he's in. The man in black's body is still there centuries (?) after his death with his mother, so I think the smoke monster could be something else. Or maybe it's his soul removed from the body and corrupted, like the ones that make the whispers on the island.

So did anyone catch Sayid's last words a few weeks back? He told Jack, "It's going to be you.", which I think means that Jack will become the next "protector of the Island" in Jacob's place.

Ummmmm duh. I think your the only one who is even questioning that.

The ark of the covenant? No way, EVERYONE knows that's at the ancient Egyptian city of Tanis and Indiana Jones discovered it like a long *** time ago.

Yeah, Raiders has nothing to do with Lost dude. Besides, in Raiders the Neo-Babylonians moved the Ark to Tanis. Which is 100% inaccurate. :lol:

The Well of Souls explanation would make sense. Popular mythology mentions a "protector" of the well. Also, if the well ever goes "out", life would cease to exist because there would be no more unborn souls.

Yeah, Raiders has nothing to do with Lost dude. Besides, in Raiders the Neo-Babylonians moved the Ark to Tanis. Which is 100% inaccurate. :lol:

The Well of Souls explanation would make sense. Popular mythology mentions a "protector" of the well. Also, if the well ever goes "out", life would cease to exist because there would be no more unborn souls.

Hope you weren't actually taking my Raiders reference serious lol.

face_melt.jpg

The ending was just.....I don't know how I feel about it. It was emotional that's for sure. Jimmy Kimmel tonight is having a Lost special, and showing 4 alternate endings for whoever wants to watch. Just a heads up.

Only thing I can think of,

is that they all died in the plane crash to start with. They just kind of made this up, I guess until they were ready to move on. The flash sideways was Purgatory.

Messed up ending, its kind of like spitting in my face after watching for 6 years. GRR! I did enjoy the ending though, so I'm not bitching.

:P

Edit* After calming down for a second, I agree Spawn. It makes perfect sense. Great ending.

The ending was just.....I don't know how I feel about it. It was emotional that's for sure. Jimmy Kimmel tonight is having a Lost special, and showing 4 alternate endings for whoever wants to watch. Just a heads up.

Only thing I can think of,

is that they all died in the plane crash to start with. They just kind of made this up, I guess until they were ready to move on. The flash sideways was Purgatory.

Messed up ending, its kind of like spitting in my face after watching for 6 years. GRR! I did enjoy the ending though, so I'm not bitching.

:P

Sorry dude that's not what I get out of it at all.

Everything on the island happened. Everyone died in their own time. Jack on the island, as we saw. Hurley and Ben stayed and guarded the island until it was their time. All the deaths we saw were real. Those that flew off, got to live their lives. They all created the flash-sideways as a place to meet up before they moved on to the afterlife.

As I said, it was fitting and damn near perfect in my mind.

Ahaha, this was the only episode I've really seen. I have no clue why I would watch it considering it'd probably make no sense but all my friends talk about it. Surprisingly, I understood most of it because the recap did a good job.

Archived